“Landline “ phone/Internet connection

loubyscooby

Featured Posts

I have to say that I did have a bit of fun with one of these 'cold callers' yesterday. Whilst eating my evening meal my mobile rang with a very enthusiastic young man who wanted to sell me a 'fantastic' landline/broadband deal. Not best pleased with having my meal disturbed for such nonsense, but I thought that I'd play along for a bit, just for the entertainment value. After he'd gone through the initial sales patter I then told him that I had no landline. "No problem" was the reply," we can give you a great deal for installing one". (He had by now already totally lost any residual interest I may have had by using Trump's favourite adjective). "How are you going to install one on a boat?" I asked. A bit flummoxed he asked for me to repeat the question, which I did. He then asked me to hold on while he spoke with his supervisor, since he was paying for the call I did so. Two or three minutes later he was back, "Yes, he said, we can install a landline to a boat, where are you moored?". "By a canal in Birmingham", I replied. "What's the postcode?" he asked. "Well it varies" I replied "depending on where I moor". "Oh", he said, "so you not always in the same place?". "No" I replied,"but I have got a connector if you've got a really,really long extension lead". He went back to his supervisor and I thought it best to ring off whilst he was gone:giggles:

• Haha 1