Webasto central heating antifreeze amount

Bazza954

Featured Posts

Ok then, that's all done and dusted, as they say, ended up with a mixture of somewhere in the region of 28%, worked out roughly using my hydrometer and the dilution information on the antifreeze drum.

Given it a good run and all appears to be ok, even temps through all the radiators and plenty of hot water in the calorifier :D

May as well check the engine coolant while I'm at it, it's been in there 5 years :huh:must be due a change and I have some spare.

Cheers for all the replies on this subject :clapping::clapping:

bazza

1 hour ago, Bazza954 said:

Ok then, that's all done and dusted, as they say, ended up with a mixture of somewhere in the region of 28%, worked out roughly using my hydrometer and the dilution information on the antifreeze drum.

Given it a good run and all appears to be ok, even temps through all the radiators and plenty of hot water in the calorifier :D

May as well check the engine coolant while I'm at it, it's been in there 5 years :huh:must be due a change and I have some spare.

Cheers for all the replies on this subject :clapping::clapping:

bazza

I used Ford Super Plus Premium Antifreeze concentrate both in my Beta 43 engine and the central heating system, as it lasts for 10 years. However if the old antifreeze was blue coloured, you will have to flush the system thoroughly before using this. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Super-Plus-Premium-Anti-Freeze-1336808/dp/B00THEQERS

Thing to be aware of is the flammability of antifreeze. It’s not unheard of for a coolant leak in a car engine to turn into a fire. Water boils off and leaves the glycol which is flammable. Not common, but it does happen. Tends to be an issue with high concentrations.

https://www.jcmmachineandcoatings.com/understanding-combustion/engine-coolant-is-it-flammable/

Edited by Chalky