Pump out manual and pump out station

bigcol

Featured Posts

Hi there

im testing the new pump out

we filled the tank with water

And tried a whale waste pump (56 ltrs  per minute]

Really dificault to use and didn’t suck up at all.

tried a cheap wet and dry vacuum, and yes it sucked up slowly but yes it did suck up

how powerful are these pumping station in Marina’s.

are these a different kettle of fish? 

‘Just thinking if a proper whale manual black waste pump can’t work in it,  has a marina pump got lot more power?

col

3 minutes ago, bigcol said:

Hi there

im testing the new pump out

we filled the tank with water

And tried a whale waste pump (56 ltrs  per minute]

Really dificault to use and didn’t suck up at all.

tried a cheap wet and dry vacuum, and yes it sucked up slowly but yes it did suck up

how powerful are these pumping station in Marina’s.

are these a different kettle of fish? 

‘Just thinking if a proper whale manual black waste pump can’t work in it,  has a marina pump got lot more power?

col

There are many many different types of very varied capability. Some are useless and some are exellent. Best one so far this year was Bristol floating harbour, it sucked like a good un, probably used to pump out big holding tanks rather than my little sewer tube.

A proper pump out unit is either a vacuum tank device or one based around a vane pump.  Either version works very well.  Our moorings one ( a low end version) will suck up over  4 feet and that is while  fitted with a 30 m suction hose.

Try the Whale pump with a flooded suction and I expect it will shift sh!t very well.  It probably is not designed to suck uphill more than a short distance.  With water priming it is fairly easy but not so in a black water tank.

N

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk-5-Sanitation-manual-black-waste-pump-bulkhead-mount/362023401976?epid=1905410348&hash=item544a46b9f8:g:ucYAAOSwkvFaU50D

Mk 5 Sanitation manual black waste pump bulkhead mount

Robust easy action fully enclosed manual black waste pumps.

Whale has led the way in manual diaphragm pumps for the marine world for decades.
The Mk 5 sanitation is a reliable fully housed black waste pump – reliability when you need it mosT
Tough plastic housing keeps in nasty smells Large virtually unblockable valves High performance- 56 ltrs (14.8 US gals) per minute

Well the above didn’t work, but more success with a wet and dry lol
but would like to know if the marina pumps out has a lot more suck etc  power

30 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

There are many many different types of very varied capability. Some are useless and some are exellent. Best one so far this year was Bristol floating harbour, it sucked like a good un, probably used to pump out big holding tanks rather than my little sewer tube.

Better Boating on the Thames wasn't bad, a big tank with a vacuum pump attached, pull a vacuum on the tank and then open the valve. Similar one on the Lee which they use when the posh one breaks

Can anyone confirm if willowbridge is a good pump out  haven’t the engine yet, so want to make sure this pump out  tank works on boat

or install cassette toilet which I already got in back cabin.

6 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Is your pumpout fitting on the roof by any chance bigcol?

Im guessing you are connecting the pump/vac  into this to pump out?

Hi it’s on the gunnel,  I had the pump more or let next to pump out hole but nothing.

wife and me pumping for ages, haven’t done this for years!! Lol

so pumps going back, but did try wet and dry and that worked a bit I suppose, buts that’s not really powerfull is it

When I worked in a marina for a while, the new pumpout machine was under-powered.  However it would empty a tank, just took longer and usually needed a second token (timed at seven minutes) to finish the rinse.  This was a proper marina-type pumpout machine.  The pump was upgraded and then it shifted anything faster than, well, the proverbial shit off a shovel.

Slowest Pumpout last year was Norbury Wharf, they have a huge pipe run and it was very cold so suspect pipe contents had turned to an unthinkable stodge. Took well over an hour.  Most powerful pump was probably the petrol driven jobbie on Halsall. By the time I had got my boots off and gone inside the boat to check the tank level  (using direct reading optical gauge on a dump thru) it  was empty.

..................Dave

2 hours ago, bigcol said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk-5-Sanitation-manual-black-waste-pump-bulkhead-mount/362023401976?epid=1905410348&hash=item544a46b9f8:g:ucYAAOSwkvFaU50D

Mk 5 Sanitation manual black waste pump bulkhead mount

Robust easy action fully enclosed manual black waste pumps.

Whale has led the way in manual diaphragm pumps for the marine world for decades.
The Mk 5 sanitation is a reliable fully housed black waste pump – reliability when you need it mosT
Tough plastic housing keeps in nasty smells Large virtually unblockable valves High performance- 56 ltrs (14.8 US gals) per minute

Well the above didn’t work, but more success with a wet and dry lol
but would like to know if the marina pumps out has a lot more suck etc  power

Hi Bigcol, I'm surprised that didn't work, we have an older version of it and it has pumped our large tank out fine. Hard work though! I don't know about Willowbridge, but the pump out machine at Grove lock marina is awesome if you can get there. ☺

My el cheapo 20 quid off flea bay Manual bilge pump needs priming but once primed fills a 20 litre container in no time at all. I found I needed to keep the suction pipe fairly short and make sure you have a good seal onto the P.O. fitting which are usually 1.5 inch BSP.  

7 hours ago, dmr said:

Slowest Pumpout last year was Norbury Wharf, they have a huge pipe run and it was very cold so suspect pipe contents had turned to an unthinkable stodge. Took well over an hour.  Most powerful pump was probably the petrol driven jobbie on Halsall. By the time I had got my boots off and gone inside the boat to check the tank level  (using direct reading optical gauge on a dump thru) it  was empty.

..................Dave

Selwood Simplite diaphragm pump.  By far the best pump for mobile sludge pumping applications.  Can be powered by a self contained petrol engine or an electric motor in a static situation.

George