So What Happened To The Forum Last Night ?

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, adam1uk said:

Thanks.

'Announcements' do not appear on my 'new posts' list (never been able to get them added) and there is often a 'banner headline' across the top of the forum for major announcements, but this is also absent..

Anyway I now know it wasn't just me.

14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thanks.

'Announcements' do not appear on my 'new posts' list (never been able to get them added) and there is often a 'banner headline' across the top of the forum for major announcements, but this is also absent..

Anyway I now know it wasn't just me.

It's all just working as it was on Friday so all of Saturdays discussion has been lost to the winds. 

Rusty. Don't forget to send me the £72.69 you said you would give me in the post of yours at 12.03 yesterday.

Well done Rich for sorting it out.

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It's all just working as it was on Friday so all of Saturdays discussion has been lost to the winds. 

Rusty

Well.I got to 8000 posts yesterday.Now i'll have to do them all again 7954...7955...7956....7957....7958...you get the idea....7959....7960

Edited by rusty69

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Well.I got to 8000 posts yesterday.Now i'll have to do them all again 7954...7955...7956....7957....7958...you get the idea....7959....7960

No you didn't. You only got to 7955.:P

What did we loose? I remember a thread on RCR from Jennifer and another 3000 posts on Brexit and Climate change, plus a few bread jokes. Anything else important?

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

No you didn't. You only got to 7955.:P

What did we loose? I remember a thread on RCR from Jennifer and another 3000 posts on Brexit and Climate change, plus a few bread jokes. Anything else important?

The ebay boat. A tacho id thread .Urm. some rubbish python jokes (other snakes are available).Food mixer.   cuddly toy........ oh,and the bridge Saga.

Edited by rusty69

9 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

The ebay boat. A tacho id thread .Urm. some rubbish python jokes )other snakes are available).Food mixer.   cuddly toy........

Then there was a load of rubbish about canals on Mars, someone mentioned Spam and someone wanted to find the nearest canal to them in Somerset. 

....eta, Mr Smelly must have given out his location in the midlands as it is pouring down for the first time ever this morning.

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

The ebay boat. A tacho id thread .Urm. some rubbish python jokes (other snakes are available).Food mixer.   cuddly toy........ oh,and the bridge Saga.

Don't fret, there's still a bridge over the Trent thread.  Although that one is singlefurcated, I still think I'll tender for it...

17 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Now what was that word we learnt about the bridge..... top marks for the first person to remember it!

3 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

Don't fret, there's still a bridge over the Trent thread.  Although that one is singlefurcated, I still think I'll tender for it...

ah... you beat me to it! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Now what was that word we learnt about the bridge..... top marks for the first person to remember it!

ah... you beat me to it! 

Bifurcate. Think its something to do with soda

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

For what period?

Stop that!

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

Just now, rusty69 said:

Return of the Breadi!

No, they were the Woad wearing tribe of ancient Britain's living in the North of Wales.

To the tune of 'Men Of Harlech'

What's the use of wearing braces?
Spats and hats and boots with laces?
Vests and pants you buy in places
Down on Brompton Road?

What's the use of shirts of cotton?
Studs that always get forgotten?
These affairs are simply rotten,
Better far is woad.

Woad's the stuff to show men.
Woad to scare your foemen.
Boil it to a brilliant hue
And rub it on your back and your abdomen.

Ancient Briton ne'er did hit on
Anything as good as woad to fit on
Neck or knees or where you sit on.
Tailors you be blowed!!

Romans came across the channel
All dressed up in tin and flannel
Half a pint of woad per man'll
Clothe us more than these.

Saxons you can waste your stitches
Building beds for bugs in britches
We have woad to clothe us which is
Not a nest for fleas

Romans keep your armours.
Saxons your pyjamas.
Hairy coats were made for goats,
Gorillas, yaks, retriever dogs and llamas.

March on Snowdon with your woad on,
Never mind if you get rained or snowed on
Never want a button sewed on.
Go it Ancient Bs!!

• Haha 1