13/10/2018 - Major outage

RichM

Featured Posts

We regret to advise that we encountered a major outage on 13th October following a weekly system update that did not complete successfully. For some reason it caused serious database issues. Following lengthy attempts to restore service we had to restore from the most recent backup taken on Friday. 

Once again we sincerely apologise for this and will look to prevent it happening again

RichM

3 minutes ago, RichM said:

We regret to advise that we encountered a major outage on 13th October following a weekly system update that did not complete successfully. For some reason it caused serious database issues. Following lengthy attempts to restore service we had to restore from the most recent backup taken on Friday. 

Once again we sincerely apologise for this and will look to prevent it happening again

RichM

Yes, I just came on to find no new content since Friday.  Have all these posts been lost, then?

21 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Yes, I just came on to find no new content since Friday.  Have all these posts been lost, then?

Unfortunately this is likely to be the case. I will see more what more we can do and will provide a further update asap. I spent over 6 hours straight working to address the issue at which point it became more of a priority to just get the site back online and as such we restored from a backup. Not at all an ideal scenario. 

3 hours ago, bizzard said:

Well done Rich, get tucked up in bed now,  they''ll all get over it.  :)

Agreed, in the grand scheme of things it isn't that important------------------ well done to all concerned.

It will give me an opportunity to "bump" my roof boxes for sale price reduction again?

Edited by Halsey

12 minutes ago, Theo said:

I think that we all owe an enormous debt of gratitude for all the expertise donated.  Well done Rich!

Hear, hear. Sh!t happens and it’s why you have back ups. Many thanks, not just for all the hard work but also for volunteering for the stress of wrestling with a defiant system. 

Personally, I blame the Chinese ?.

12 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

This makes the burning of the library of Alexandria look trivial ?

That reminds me. The municipal library in Dublin was burnt to the ground,  both books were destroyed and one wasn't even coloured in!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Nibble said:

This makes the burning of the library of Alexandria look trivial ?

Their own silly fault for not taking backups. If they had they would only have lost a couple of days scrolls in the leaving the Roman Union thread.

Many thanks to the mods for getting the forum up and running again.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

On 14/10/2018 at 08:39, Dr Bob said:

The upside of all of this is we've lost two days of the Brexit thread!

Well done mods for sorting it out.

That is overall the most serious of the consequences, there is already insufficient brexit discussion on the Web and in the media. 

• Greenie 1