Parking in Trevor

MHS

Featured Posts

My brother is joining us in a few weeks time and will meet us at Trevor. I understand that there is a large new car park since we were last up there. It appears to be close to the visitor moorings through the Anglo Welsh hire base. 

Has anyone experience of leaving a car here for 2 or 3 days? I think there’s a £3 per day charge, but can you leave a car there for more than a day? 

Many thanks

Mike

1 minute ago, MHS said:

My brother is joining us in a few weeks time and will meet us at Trevor. I understand that there is a large new car park since we were last up there. It appears to be close to the visitor moorings through the Anglo Welsh hire base. 

Has anyone experience of leaving a car here for 2 or 3 days? I think there’s a £3 per day charge, but can you leave a car there for more than a day? 

Many thanks

Mike

There is the car park by the winding hole on the Fron side, I can't offer any insider knowledge about the new car parks

Parked there on many occasions never had any trouble. Never stopped overnight.

The public car park is on the RHS of the cut. The area on the LHS is the Anglo Welsh base.

Trevor car park.jpg

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/places-to-visit/pontcysyllte-aqueduct-world-heritage-site

Always phone Anglo Welsh to see if they would allow visitor parking?

https://www.anglowelsh.co.uk/Locations/Bases/Trevor

Edited by Ray T

We have parked there in the past, but I thought that car park is short term only now. 

The area I’m talking about is mentioned on the Pontcycliite website. It’s marked on Google but appears as a (presumably now demolished) factory. Is that car park finished now? 

546B541F-D079-4549-9CF5-D1F29CCA2522.png

2 hours ago, MHS said:

We have parked there in the past, but I thought that car park is short term only now. 

The area I’m talking about is mentioned on the Pontcycliite website. It’s marked on Google but appears as a (presumably now demolished) factory. Is that car park finished now? 

546B541F-D079-4549-9CF5-D1F29CCA2522.png

We were there earlier in the year on the way back from relatives and stopped to walk the dog.  The big new car park was complete then, but not being used.

As an aside, we wked out on the aqueduct while there, much scarier than crossing by boat

Some years ago, when a friend was joining us for a few days from Trevor, Anglo-Welsh were happy for her to leave her car in their car park.  There was a charge, but it was very modest.

• 3 weeks later...

An update following our Trip to Trevor

The old car park (that has toilets and the elsan) is now for disabled badge holders only. This is not well signed and seems to be being abused. 

The new enormous car park now appears on the google map image. It is just north of Trevor basin. It is £3 per day but there’s a £40 fine for overnight parking, so no use for us.

We had a lovely cake at the Pontcysyllite Chapel Tea Rooms, they have a car park (marked on google maps as Read’s) that they lock at night and arranged to leave my brother’s car for 3 days at a total cost of £5.  They may not do this in high season, but were advertising it at £2 per day. 

08DE0F6D-620E-48DD-B2A9-4C67A120883D.jpeg

305B7A67-8BE7-4862-B6FE-70CC44FDFCBE.jpeg

F36395CB-6C52-44FD-ACBC-3C8EF6856B58.jpeg

D0C4EEDA-012F-42DA-AFE3-8C0201F7D733.png

98B1C059-E4B0-4693-8D69-482830593A51.png