Mastervolt Mass Sine Inverter 12/2000

Jace

Featured Posts

I have unfortunately found 2 burnt resistors and a faulty mosfet on the Mastervolt 12/2000 inverter pcb.

The resistor valve is unreadable namely R33 R34 which can be found adjacent the orange cap.

Would any member be able to supply the resistor band colours or ohm value for the resistors?

Mastervolt will not give out the detail.

Thank you in advance

20181007_082806.jpg

20181007_082820.jpg

20181007_082733.jpg

I can't help I'm afraid as my defective Mastervolt unit is a different model, but this post will "bump" your request back to the top of the recent post list so someone who has the same model might see it...

Not very helpful at Mastervolt, are they. :(

3 minutes ago, Nut said:

not that this will help but my old maplin workmate would have been able to tell you the info

give rs components a ring worth a try

Why would anyone at either Maplins or RS know the schematic of a Mastervolt inverter?

Bit of a long shot but there are two resisters you don't know the value of and from your pictures two heavy diodes, one power transistor, two smaller transistors one transformer etc. If you are lucky, sketching the circuit diagram (you'll get the pinouts of the active components off Google) will show symmetry and you can work out the missing values. Or pull the datasheet for the nearest big chip with lots of legs and see if "suggested applications" looks anything like your hand drawn schematic. 

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

Why would anyone at either Maplins or RS know the schematic of a Mastervolt inverter?

nothing to do with schematics my old m8 mike would have known by the other components on the board and their values

29 minutes ago, MJG said:

Don't hold back.

But yes it seems a very curious claim.

It’s complete nonsense.

If you were to sketch out the schematic then you could determine what the function of those components is (almost certainly drivers for the MOSFETS) and you’d possibly then have a ball-park for their values. But putting in a 1k resistor where Mastervolt used a 4k4 for example isn’t going to help you one bit when the magic smoke comes out of the replacement transistor. For instance, the unburned resistor alongside the charcoal appears to be 100r, but its ‘mirror’ alongside the transformer looks like 110r. They’re different for a reason. 

I’ve been googling images of the 12/2000 internals in the hope of finding those components but I’ve yet to see that same board. 

Edited by WotEver

22 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You can tell my car has 18" wheels because it has a 2.7 litre diesel engine whilst the other car has 16" wheels because it has a 3 litre V6 petrol engine

Mrs WotEver’s has 19” wheels. Is that because her car has a 5 litre engine or because it has twin superchargers?

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Jacarrypark.

Thanks for the information. It seems from your photo that my missing resister R33 (the left one) is 150Ohm.

Now , yours burnt piece from the photo is C30 , 1μF (105) ceramic capacitor

Thanks again

photostudio_1685563536285.jpg

Had a problem again, the same part has blowen again,  C30 , 1μF (105) ceramic capacitor, when I connected to the 12 volt DC battery supply, the inverter was Not Turned On on it's on/off switch and had no load connected on the 240V AC outlet. I can't see any other problems and have no ideas, has any one found any schematic drawings or any suggestions ?

Use 1μF polyester 400v capacitor ,This capacitor will not blown again..... But this doesn't mean you fixed your secondary problem.

Follow the lines on the board., where they go? If the lines end to an optocoupler, change the optocoupler, if the lines end to a diode, check the diode or change it

• 1 month later...

Hi All, See below for the problem that now exists.

No spares, no schematics, no service manuals, no support, I have tried all over the globe, no information is being given out.

Seems they love their product , ive repaired the latest damage,, 

and the unit will now turn on and stay on,,, but the overvoltage  is on all the time,, indicating an output stage or control issue

ive tested components in output stage,, all good, i need schematics to go any further, has any one got any drawings of the control stage?

And so it goes on with Mastervolt technical support. I have a partially defective Mastervolt inverter charger sat in my garage (I suppose I'm also still hopeful of a fix!) and my boat is now equipped with lovely blue Victron (separate) units. In my experience, Victron technical support is exactly what you might hope for.

Yes, Agree with that. I have used Victron with a few vessels and have had No trouble what so ever, will be going back to them for a new Inverter.

In Australia I am so amazed that Mastervolt Distributors will Not even repair their goods after 10 years of service, they say buy a new one!

Cheers.

9 hours ago, jacarrypark said:

In Australia I am so amazed that Mastervolt Distributors will Not even repair their goods after 10 years of service, they say buy a new one!

Same here. If it's under 10 though (as mine was) you can pay to courier it to the Netherlands and give them £400 quid (more today I'm sure) for them to look at it in their repair loop. If they declare they can't fix it or deem it obsolete, they'll bin it for you (or you can pay to have a duffer shipped back). It would be nice if they'd at least listen to the symptoms first before you have to shell out at your own risk.