Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Richard T

Loughborough Christmas Antidote Banter Sunday December 30th, 2018

Featured Posts

Arkwright said to Granville.   What they come in ere for is up to them, What they go out with is up to us.

28 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

As we have a newby are you going to bring the feather duster for the "ceremony"

There may be a problem with that - The Duck was in moult at the time of the auction and so I borrowed the feathers from the duster and stuck them on with some Gorilla Glue so that he could look his best for the bidders 

9 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

There may be a problem with that - The Duck was in moult at the time of the auction and so I borrowed the feathers from the duster and stuck them on with some Gorilla Glue so that he could look his best for the bidders 

The stick will have to do then

Dave & I are hoping to be there. There's a few variables still which we hope will pan out but we really really want to be there

• Greenie 3
  • Love 1

It is very exciting to see so many faces that it has been far too long since we last saw are going to be there again.

Just a reminder - a couple of us have booked an extra night at the Travelodge and will have a celebratory meal at The Basin on New Year's Eve. If there is anyone else wanting to join us please let me know asap so I can get extra places booked at the resturant before they become fully booked

17 hours ago, pipistrelle said:

I'm tempted to come if I can get it to work. Let me just look at trains from Cambridge/Ely and prices.

It would be great if you could make it.

On 11/12/2018 at 17:53, pipistrelle said:

I'm tempted to come if I can get it to work. Let me just look at trains from Cambridge/Ely and prices.

Indeed it would be great if you, or anyone else can make it.

All,

I visited the Paget tonight and spoke to the manager. He said that there will be food available. The menu is fairly basic - burgers including vegan option with chips, nachos, chicken wings, fish and chips and a few other options. It is possible that not all options will be available as we are not able to pre order. I've said that people will want food between around 7 and 8. I will drop in again on 29th just to check that all is well.

Hope that this Ok

Richard

• Greenie 2

17 hours ago, Richard T said:

All,

I visited the Paget tonight and spoke to the manager. He said that there will be food available. The menu is fairly basic - burgers including vegan option with chips, nachos, chicken wings, fish and chips and a few other options. It is possible that not all options will be available as we are not able to pre order. I've said that people will want food between around 7 and 8. I will drop in again on 29th just to check that all is well.

Hope that this Ok

Richard

Yes that is great. thank you.

I assume it is a) too late to come to the NYE meal now and b) that I wouldn't be able to, because I will have to bring my dog.

I also assume it will be okay to bring a small, friendly dog to the main gathering? Just want to clarify before booking train tickets.

• Greenie 1

26 minutes ago, pipistrelle said:

I assume it is a) too late to come to the NYE meal now and b) that I wouldn't be able to, because I will have to bring my dog.

I also assume it will be okay to bring a small, friendly dog to the main gathering? Just want to clarify before booking train tickets.

The NYE meal is in a "proper" restaurant, where I'm as confident as I can be that any dog (other than maybe a "service" dog) would be a no, no.

However for the banter itself the Paget has certainly had no problem with dogs in the past.  Dominic M brought his rather large "Monty" along, so by comparison, I'd be amazed if your little one were a problem.

30 minutes ago, pipistrelle said:

I did "overbook" the NYE restaurant by a couple of seats which I am still to call them and cancel. No, I am fairly sure that dogs would not be allowed but if you found a way around the dog situation and wanted to come to the meal please let me know ASAP as I really need to be whittling down our booking pretty soon to be fair to the restaurant.

If there is anyone else reading who wants to join us they would be welcome but I do need to know very soon

I can't easily not bring the dog, I'm afraid. And he will love the banter, especially if there are other dogs there. I'm now hoping to do some boating on NYE, so will be heading off early in the morning anyway.

I have been contacted by the pub again and to simplyfy the food they are going to lay on a carvery at a reasonable cost - they said £5 or thereabouts which is reasonable.. They will do a veggie option. They would like a better idea of numbers nearer the date so can someone go through this thread and work out who is going to be around please. Also how may vegetarians - I already know about Cath and Alan. Hope that this is Ok with everybody.

25 minutes ago, Richard T said:

I have been contacted by the pub again and to simplyfy the food they are going to lay on a carvery at a reasonable cost - they said £5 or thereabouts which is reasonable.. They will do a veggie option. They would like a better idea of numbers nearer the date so can someone go through this thread and work out who is going to be around please. Also how may vegetarians - I already know about Cath and Alan. Hope that this is Ok with everybody.

£5 for any hot meal in a pub is near on giving it away!!

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

£5 for any hot meal in a pub is near on giving it away!!

There was a pub near my Dad's old house which did a Monday-Friday daytime carvery for £3.50 (about 4 years ago). It was a surprisingly good meal, and the place was usually pretty busy. But I did wonder how they made any money.

4 hours ago, Richard T said:

I've been through and done a list of those who I think are coming and if they have selected food. If you aren't on the list then please add yourself and if you are going for the carvery/vege option. If you are on the list and not going also please let me know. Apologies i'm bound to have missed someone...…...

Cheshire Roase (Jan) & Dave - Standard Carvery
Cath & Alan - Vegetarian Option
BSP & Tree Monkey
Marge the Barge + Mr Barge
Richard T - Standard Carvery
Little Else
Mrs Tawny Owl & Mr Tawny Owl
Bigray - Standard Carvery
Moomins x 2
RayT
Pipistrelle + Dog

8 hours ago, bigray said:

I've been through and done a list of those who I think are coming and if they have selected food. If you aren't on the list then please add yourself and if you are going for the carvery/vege option. If you are on the list and not going also please let me know. Apologies i'm bound to have missed someone...…...

Cheshire Roase (Jan) & Dave - Standard Carvery
Cath & Alan - Vegetarian Option
BSP & Tree Monkey
Marge the Barge + Chris B
Richard T + Margaret - Standard Carvery
Little Else + Victor Vectis
Mrs Tawny Owl & Mr Tawny Owl
Bigray - Standard Carvery
Moomins x 2
RayT
Pipistrelle + Dog

Bless him, you can tell he's a newby at this and can't read the imaginary people's names :)

The other thing I meant to ask - and I thought he had posted on here but I can't see it. Bengt is currently on boat sitting duties in  Brum and was wondering if there was any chance of a lift to and from the banter.

Edited by cheshire~rose

Much to the dog's disgust, I would also like to go for a veggie option (he just got up off the sofa and moved to a chair as I typed that). Just the one though. Dog is getting dog food.

• Happy 1

6 minutes ago, pipistrelle said:

Much to the dog's disgust, I would also like to go for a veggie option (he just got up off the sofa and moved to a chair as I typed that). Just the one though. Dog is getting dog food.

I had a wonderful vision of your pooch sitting up at the table enjoying a roast ?

• Haha 1