Cycling on tv ads

Featured Posts

A brief comment about the Roses chocolates tv ad as just seen on ch4.

It shows a towpath scene at a bridge hole, a family walking through, and a cyclist stopping to let the family walk through in safety. This is not even close to reality :( how can we believe anything we see on tv if even the ads don’t tell the truth?

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

It shows a towpath scene at a bridge hole, a family walking through, and a cyclist stopping to let the family walk through in safety. This is not even close to reality :( how can we believe anything we see on tv if even the ads don’t tell the truth?

Adverts always tell the truth

:)

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Never mind all that. I had a vasectomy believing the hype that it would stop me having children. 

Not true... When I got home they were all still there. 

Ditto - I was so surprised I thought they must be somebody elses.

• 2 months later...

The wonderful fantasy world of the advertisement is a remarkable place, something like Captain Kirk was trying to find. Trouble is they dont tell what happened next. Remember the lad pushing bike up hill with a load of Hovis and then riding down again. What happened then- did he miss the turning and plunge into the cut?

On 07/10/2018 at 16:42, Stilllearning said:

It certainly matches the reality in the area i'm moored in, but not everywhere sadly. 

• 6 months later...

Talking to some of the CRT volunteers recently, I have yet to find one who has not been verbally abused by cyclists. Whilst such cyclists are thankfully in the minority, it still would be nice to have cycles carry a visible registration plate so that those who believe that the minimum cycling speed is 20 mph can be dealt with and also those that think walkers and fishermen, and boater on the towpath, should get out of their way, be reprimanded (Instead of them following the actions as displayed the said TV advert). May be courtesy should grow on such offenders, but then it is very unlikely that it will in their "TOTALSELF" world!   

• Greenie 2