New Moderators

RichM

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

It would get surely very confusing to have to go back and re-read an edited old post. Is the complication worth the alteration?

When I am in error I re-post an apology and correction, seems to be OK with everyone.

I find it doesn't, obviously if the post has been quoted then there is no point in correction but many times on Thunderboat Ive found it useful to be able to edit or make things a little less emotive or clearer... even deleting if I feel it was erroneous. It isnt always about needing to apologise. Its about making it a more comfortable space to post knowing I have some control. 

32 minutes ago, Liam said:

As I've not been around in an official capacity for a couple of years I'm unaware if it's been discussed recently but has been discussed in the past and it was chosen the best way forward then. That probably still stands today.

Okay, thank you. Is there an explanation why it was decided as the best way forward? Just making you work a bit here, especially as you've had a lovely long rest.  

Ahh, but now I remember, we are not able to question the mods decisions. 

Edited by Guest
Sudden memory prompt, and deja vu!

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Have you thought it may also be a good thing, since it stops someone throwing in a hand grenade, starting a controversy, then deleting their post later leaving everyone wound up without their post being seen to highlight their part in it?

They allow hand grenades in here, goodness me security has gone lax! 

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Very nicely typed Nick. Now nip over to yer other ego and do some swearing with the lads ?

Not sure I've ever noticed Nick swearing and please remember that Thunderboat not only has lads but a good membership of ladies.

Phil 

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Jerra said:

The spiteful and ill informed comments do occur on CWDF however this forum hasn't deemed it necessary to have a sub forum entitled Thunderboat where criticism and mockery of the forum and often named members takes place.

It strikes me there is something a little amiss with a forum which can't stand on its own two feet without mocking and criticising other forums.

If it is working and well supported why does it feel the need for such a section?

Jerra you have me there because I've not read that section for many; many months whereas you seem to be very well read on that section so I'll bow to your obvious in-depth knowledge of Thunderboat.

Phil  

7 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It's a no Winn situation :)

Hah titter Hah.   The ubiquitous smiley makes that funny?   We have one just like you on Thunderboat. We usually just ignore it but as this isn't Thunderboat Ive made an exception. 

I cannot recall an instance of Nick swearing on the not to be mentioned Thunderboat.

13 hours ago, cereal tiller said:

Apart from the Swearing  ,have heard that a few of them meet up for Armpit Farting competitions , Real outrageous stuff!

B****r! Never been invited to them. 

• Greenie 2

2 hours ago, Winn said:

Hah titter Hah.   The ubiquitous smiley makes that funny?   We have one just like you on Thunderboat. We usually just ignore it but as this isn't Thunderboat Ive made an exception. 

As an aside I have no idea who you were on thunderboat, did you use the same user name?

I can recall quite a few but not you, did you post much?

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Have you thought it may also be a good thing, since it stops someone throwing in a hand grenade, starting a controversy, then deleting their post later leaving everyone wound up without their post being seen to highlight their part in it?

Yes but he needs to practice his "self moderation". He's very good at it too, so he keeps telling everyone.

7 hours ago, MJG said:

As an aside I have no idea who you were on thunderboat, did you use the same user name?

I can recall quite a few but not you, did you post much?

Yes, yes. Though perhaps only relatively recently.

8 hours ago, Iain_S said:

I cannot recall an instance of Nick swearing on the not to be mentioned Thunderboat.

B****r! Never been invited to them. 

Well it has been known. And I got a lot of stick for it.

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You are Winn, on Thunderboat?

"As an aside I have no idea who you were on thunderboat, did you use the same user name"

I'm flabbergasted 

Why flabbergasted?  Winn uses the same name, likewise it's not hard to find me, Phil, on both forums with the same avatar, why would I change, I don't feel the need to hide I'm Phil Ambrose here, there and in real life. Who is Rusty69?

Phil 

Just now, Phil Ambrose said:

Why flabbergasted?  Winn uses the same name, likewise it's not hard to find me, Phil, on both forums with the same avatar, why would I change, I don't feel the need to hide I'm Phil Ambrose here, there and in real life. Who is Rusty69?

Phil 

My forum name is based on my boat name. My boat name is Mr Rusty. It is 69 foot long.

A bit like Telemachus! 

Anyway it was a joke. I forgot the smiley face. Sorry. 

On 08/10/2018 at 19:45, cereal tiller said:

Mods are OK ,have only ever experienced rudeness from one of them...

Agreed, me too. And she’s now left. 

Edited by WotEver