New Moderators

RichM

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, patty-ann said:

Anyway I hope the 2 new moderators enjoy their role...it is lovely that people are willing to volunteer for these tasks..

Yes, and I believe that Liam has been a moddy before and has returned for more punishment!

2 hours ago, patty-ann said:

Martin used to post lots and he could be quite offensive then he left and over here his language is 'moderated'..

I think you will find i was generally responding 'in kind'.

Edited by MJG

Were you trying to avoid a cross forum battle or just thought better of the attack?  Self moderation in action, Thunderboaters should be proud of its recent export. 

1 minute ago, Winn said:

Were you trying to avoid a cross forum battle or just thought better of the attack?  Self moderation in action, Thunderboaters should be proud of its recent export. 

It wasn't an 'attack' it was merely a statement of fact. But yes I couldn't be bothered to get involved in a cross forum spat. It's pointless.

Both forums are different and suit different people for different reasons. I don't really get the need to constantly reference one forum in the other.

As for 'recent' export I think you will find its several months since I left the boat of Thunder.

6 hours ago, MJG said:

It wasn't an 'attack' it was merely a statement of fact. But yes I couldn't be bothered to get involved in a cross forum spat. It's pointless.

Both forums are different and suit different people for different reasons. I don't really get the need to constantly reference one forum in the other.

The "need to reference" for TB members particularly is because its taken some time and effort to make Thunderboat the place it has promise to become. Whilst many here may not like its ethos the members of TB are proud to have created something worthwhile and amongst the profanity and unjustly perceived shallowness, there are jewels of spirit, diamond friendships, and having recently suffered the death of a much loved and valued TB member, there are great treasures of shared sympathy.

TB mocks CWDF, (occasionally, not "constantly") and likewise spiteful or ill informed comments about TB are voiced here. Cross forum spats are indeed pointless but since CWDF famously had a rule that Thunderboat must not be mentioned, I dont really think that members here can claim a loftier level with regard to childish recriminations.  

Edited by Guest
abhor the cliche!

7 hours ago, Winn said:

The "need to reference" for TB members particularly is because its taken some time and effort to make Thunderboat the place it has promise to become. Whilst many here may not like its ethos the members of TB are proud to have created something worthwhile and amongst the profanity and unjustly perceived shallowness, there are jewels of spirit, diamond friendships, and having recently suffered the death of a much loved and valued TB member, there are great treasures of shared sympathy.

TB mocks CWDF, (occasionally, not "constantly") and likewise spiteful or ill informed comments about TB are voiced here. Cross forum spats are indeed pointless but since CWDF famously had a rule that Thunderboat must not be mentioned, I dont really think that members here can claim a loftier level with regard to childish recriminations.  

I dont think there are any cross forum spatts are there realy?. I mentioned the fact that when I once had a look in the profanity was school child like or would have been if the words used had been acceptable. If I pop over again I reckon I will be able to find plenty of posts with similar language but I dont know that for sure wheras you will not find any on this forum so its better suited to a family interested in boating.

8 hours ago, Winn said:

You should perhaps apply for the position of TB's Publicity officer.?

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

I have this vision of family Smelly sitting round the dining table of a Sunday afternoon with Daddy Smelly reading allud from the book of the Forum whilst Mummy Smelly looks on lovingly and pours him the occasional glass of something nice. Baby Smelly, Toddler Smelly, Child Smelly, Teen Smelly and Yoof Smelly are all listening avidly (sitting around the table in order of height, of course) whilst sipping their warm milk.

Suddenly Daddy Smelly comes across a NAUGHTY WORD but too late, he’s read it out loud. The family Smelly are plunged into crisis, they spend the rest of the day wracked with sobbing and vow never to go boating again.

Hmmmm, somehow I think the read world isn’t quite like that.

Did you mean Real world? is this your cwdf head getting in the way of your Thunderboat head?

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

Yes. Oh dear, family Smelly is once again plunged into crisis because someone just made a post with a TYPO! How utterly ghastly.

Very nicely typed Nick. Now nip over to yer other ego and do some swearing with the lads ?

• Greenie 3
  • Unimpressed 1

Anyway I think the Equalties Act should be revised to include discrimination on grounds of forum membership. Only the other day I went into a baker’s to order a cake with a picture of a boat on it and a slogan saying “Support Thunderboat” but having initially accepted the order, it was later refused. It transpired that the owner of the bakers was a member of this forum.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Anyway I think the Equalties Act should be revised to include discrimination on grounds of forum membership. Only the other day I went into a baker’s to order a cake with a picture of a boat on it and a slogan saying “Support Thunderboat” but having initially accepted the order, it was later refused. It transpired that the owner of the bakers was a member of this forum.

I heard that the Cake in Question had been left out in the Rain?

5 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

THe decision on the  parallel case you refer to has interestingly just been overturned in the supreme court.