Duplicated topics

Featured Posts

Is it not a case that it shows duplicates in vnc when the first new post has been needed and then another post, or an edit to the last post is created and added to the index. I guess there is a time related element to the index where it is still showing the first newly indexed item but then picks up the next one before that needing session has completed.

5 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Is it not a case that it shows duplicates in vnc when the first new post has been needed and then another post, or an edit to the last post is created

No idea - that's what we are asking of you.

Why does it do it when it never did it before ?

Why does it not do it for all threads when there are post just minutes apart ?

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No idea - that's what we are asking of you.

Why does it do it when it never did it before ?

Why does it not do it for all threads when there are post just minutes apart ?

I don't know the answer, I'm just speculating. But having worked with databases and seen issues with duplicate records where entries can be edited whilst indexing is running I'm guessing it will show duplicates if the record is edited and picked up by the index process twice. This would be due to the way elastic search is implemented which must be different to the old search indexing process. Perhaps the elastic search developers think it better to get both entries rather than waiting for the next index or it is a bug in their code.

Just now, Rob-M said:

I don't know the answer, I'm just speculating. But having worked with databases and seen issues with duplicate records where entries can be edited whilst indexing is running I'm guessing it will show duplicates if the record is edited and picked up by the index process twice. This would be due to the way elastic search is implemented which must be different to the old search indexing process. Perhaps the elastic search developers think it better to get both entries rather than waiting for the next index or it is a bug in their code.

Okeydokey - thanks.

I guess its not the end of the world, we'll just have to live with it and look on it as another of the little mysteries of the universe.

Lets just call it "42"

1 hour ago, Mike Hurley said:

I have had 18 emails from canal world since last night, yet i have never subscribed to them, bug in the system?

I think the default setting now is to follow any thread you post in so you need to turn this off in your profile.

• 1 month later...
On 07/10/2018 at 14:55, Alan de Enfield said:

So here is todays example of a duplicate post, both by the same person (but time between the posts) but both show a post count of 58

image.png.c56c35e9bec8f4250931b369fefde005.png

On 07/10/2018 at 16:14, Alan de Enfield said:

Okeydokey - thanks.

I guess its not the end of the world, we'll just have to live with it and look on it as another of the little mysteries of the universe.

Lets just call it "42"

QED - Sea Dog is 42. :giggles:

• Greenie 1