Great Canal Journeys. New series

MHS

Featured Posts

Must admit I was also disappointed with it. I thought I had nodded off and missed a bit, they could have easily made two episodes of the trip and shown a little more of the Bridgewater, along with perhaps some of the Shroppie to Chester and beyond. I'm sure it would have been interesting to boaters and non boaters.

The thing that strikes me is the fact they've been boating for "yonks"& boat owners for years including dodgem caring various other boats on a good #of waterways yet the he in particular still boats like a 2 week hirer that is the sum of their boating experience && the way he talks to PRU to me he comes across as very self opinionated & arrogant no Idea if it's a put on for TV

On 29/10/2018 at 23:23, Richard10002 said:

I was disappointed that they only covered a small part of The Bridgewater, jumping straight from Manchester Castlefield to the T & A.

Like the part were they sailed on the Danny down the Weaver..

On 30/10/2018 at 08:31, X Alan W said:

The thing that strikes me is the fact they've been boating for "yonks"& boat owners for years including dodgem caring various other boats on a good #of waterways yet the he in particular still boats like a 2 week hirer that is the sum of their boating experience && the way he talks to PRU to me he comes across as very self opinionated & arrogant no Idea if it's a put on for TV

He is 84! He sounds almost as daft as the bloke I see in the mirror every morning...

Just now, rusty69 said:

.....You don't mean.......Michael Jackson?

Ok, I bought a cheap version of the English language.  The dear version reads as :

He is 84! He sounds almost as daft as the bloke I see reflected in my mirror every morning...

Is that better or am I missing the point?

Well, the singer is dead, but the author of Principles of Program Design is not only British, but still alive (aged 82) according to Wikipedia. He sounds like a much more likely candidate to be visible in the mirror of system 4-50, although he can't be too daft as he did write a book that's quite well respected in programming circles.

2 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

He is 84! He sounds almost as daft as the bloke I see in the mirror every morning...

I don't see that as a contributing factor I"m 83 & if I couldn't do a better job of boating i'd give up although the thing that gets me is his arrogance & the looking down on Pru & treating her boating wise as an incompetent you'd think after all this time he could a least line up the boat to negotiate a bend without running aground or pinging off the sides & Iguess if his comment to me was "It's a contact sport" he & boat would soon end up in the vegetation

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cuthound said:

It made me wonder if he was steering when the Danny hit Weston Marsh Lock ??

Could well have been the part on TV with him steering looked as though it had about 4 complete turns of slack to take up before any rudder movement took place & dont get me started on his antic's in the thick of Audlem when I was helping a mate move his pair in the mid 90's the guy should have a shirt with a health waning like a packet of "fags"

On 02/11/2018 at 13:40, X Alan W said:

Could well have been the part on TV with him steering looked as though it had about 4 complete turns of slack to take up before any rudder movement took place & dont get me started on his antic's in the thick of Audlem when I was helping a mate move his pair in the mid 90's the guy should have a shirt with a health waning like a packet of "fags"

There is no slack on the steering chain it would never pass the MCA inspection if there was, I think she was smelling the bottom hence the need for plenty of helm on.