Parker boatbuilder

Featured Posts

Well this is confusing.  Isn’t the video of a different and wooden Jasmine?  I presume “Humphreys”, you are from John Humphreys family (he was chairman of the IWA) and the boat’s owner.   And where does Clevanda fit in?  Always looked identical in pictures  to the original Jasmine.

Paul

The wooden jasmine was my dads first boat he bought. Then he was bitten by the canal bug and built the Jasmine2 himself at his factory in brownhills.

my dads name was Don Humphreys. 
im his daughter.

Don’t know about Clevanda!

21 hours ago, Paul H said:

Well this is confusing.  Isn’t the video of a different and wooden Jasmine?  I presume “Humphreys”, you are from John Humphreys family (he was chairman of the IWA) and the boat’s owner.   And where does Clevanda fit in?  Always looked identical in pictures  to the original Jasmine.

Paul

I think by the style and construction  there is a link between Jasmine 1 and Clevanda .  I have no facts that this is the case to base this theory. I beleive it was John Humphries who owned Clevanda adding a different spelling to the confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/08/2021 at 00:44, Joseph said:

Evenin all

Can't shed much light on Jasmine, but yes, John Humphries (that spelling, also known as A C Humphries) was IWA Chair in early 1970s and owned Clevanda.

Joseph

He was known by us irreverent ones as. Brylcreem

• Greenie 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/04/2023 at 12:28, Ca Jon said:

Graham Parker built our boat Tripos. It was fitted out at Canalcraft in 1995.

We just found out the whole history after meeting the guy who painted it

Tripos.png

Tripos was not fitted out at canal craft it was collected as a shell from Graham Parker and brought to the Midlands and fitted out by the guy who painted it who is the organal owners son in law