Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Johny London

Boots and foot wear

Featured Posts

Just ordered another pair of army boots - the Gortex ones - similar to these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-British-Army-S10-Goretex-Assault-Black-Leather-Combat-Boots-NEW/132296342916?hash=item1ecd79fd84:m:mZohwmNY51U5365RZ520enQ These are not the ones with Vibram soles as I find that those are just a tad on the hard side. 

Very waterproof, very comfortable (once broken in) and good for everything from walking on a wet gunnel to hiking or even a long day trudging around the shops. My last pair of boots were Magnum but they didn't last very long and the soles are just a little harder (slightly less grip).

There's a lot of choice out there - even some pretty decent looking cheaper brands - but as I know how these fit I can safely order them. 

It set me a thinking... what do other people use?

7 minutes ago, Johny London said:

Just ordered another pair of army boots - the Gortex ones - similar to these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-British-Army-S10-Goretex-Assault-Black-Leather-Combat-Boots-NEW/132296342916?hash=item1ecd79fd84:m:mZohwmNY51U5365RZ520enQ These are not the ones with Vibram soles as I find that those are just a tad on the hard side. 

Very waterproof, very comfortable (once broken in) and good for everything from walking on a wet gunnel to hiking or even a long day trudging around the shops. My last pair of boots were Magnum but they didn't last very long and the soles are just a little harder (slightly less grip).

There's a lot of choice out there - even some pretty decent looking cheaper brands - but as I know how these fit I can safely order them. 

It set me a thinking... what do other people use?

I never have Shoes or Boots that have Laces or complex Straps ,alway have Footwear which can be removed easily ,Swimming easier without Shoes on.

• Greenie 1

Just ordered a pair of these. Walking on some marina's pontoons during last winter's freeze was lethal. I'm hoping they'll save lives

spikes.jpg.b12d0fb62269ba57f9cdcb2b1d8a9711.jpg

Edited by Jennifer McM
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Jennifer McM said:

Just ordered a pair of these. Walking on some marina's pontoons during last winter's freeze was lethal. I'm hoping they'll be a success.

spikes.jpg.b12d0fb62269ba57f9cdcb2b1d8a9711.jpg

Wow 99p,wots wrong with them?

Lightweight trainers.  These are about the least clumsy footwear.Good for skipping across lock gates.

Are the crocs I am thinking of,the sort of footwear doctors and nurses wear? If so, I think they could slip off,at anytime.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Lightweight trainers.  These are about the least clumsy footwear.Good for skipping across lock gates.

Are the crocs I am thinking of,the sort of footwear doctors and nurses wear? If so, I think they could slip off,at anytime.

they do not slip off , but they do slip in the wet.

no socks to wash just wash the crocs in the canal at the end of the day, they float ...

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I like the look of those Haix - uncannilly similar to my choice of army boot.

Surely that 10 stud thing is just the black piece underneath, that fits onto an existing shoe?

Just now, Johny London said:

Surely that 10 stud thing is just the black piece underneath, that fits onto an existing shoe?

Yes, it pulls onto a shoe, hopefully giving extra grip on icy mooring boards - well that's the theory anyway.

7 minutes ago, Johny London said:

I like the look of those Haix - uncannilly similar to my choice of army boot.

Haix are a damm fine boot, pricey but I got 3 yrs out of my last pair and that's work use and out of work as well.

Edited by tree monkey

4 minutes ago, Johny London said:

The idea is good - worth a try. Depends on their quality and also getting a good fit onto your choice of footwear, I would think.

My other half uses them in the winter because tbh she's very wobbly on her feet and swears by them.

Mind the ticky tacky noise she makes when she forgets to take them off is annoying:)