Moorings at Gt Linford Park

beardshave

Featured Posts

I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere so apologies if it's already been covered. Passing the moorings at Gt Linford, M. Keynes last week I noticed these popular parkside moorings with room for approx. 2 boats have signs (not very official looking) that w.e.f. 1st October they will be "private" presumably for the Winter period. Is this some arrangement by the local landowners-presumably the park authorities-or a CRT initiative or even a con?

Either way it will be a shame to lose these very popular moorings.

The whole 'winter mooring' thing is a con of the highest order.

CCers need decent quality moorings most of all in winter but we get turfed off them for the four worst months of the year in favour of boaters who don't want to move and willing to pay for the privilege, leaving us only with the rough moorings to use. t's bloody iniquitous. 

I understand its different in in other areas but here on the eastern end of the K&A, virtually ALL VMs are made winter moorings, denying their use to the genuine CCers.

Rant over.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The whole 'winter mooring' thing is a con of the highest order.

CCers need decent quality moorings most of all in winter but we get turfed off them for the four worst months of the year in favour of boaters who don't want to move and willing to pay for the privilege, leaving us only with the rough moorings to use. t's bloody iniquitous. 

I understand its different in in other areas but here on the eastern end of the K&A, virtually ALL VMs are made winter moorings, denying their use to the genuine CCers.

Rant over.

Yes, but as has been said the moorings being discussed here are offside ones, not in any way under the control of CRT.