Please use headphones

MHS

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, welly said:

I'm fine with that. But given that no one has seen fit to complain, I'd suggest that it isn't the big deal that this is being made out to be.

Maybe they have complained, but you couldn't hear them over the sound of your music? ??

• Greenie 1

54 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Dog, free to a good home. Barks at traffic, barks at pedestrians, barks at grass, barks at trees, barks at birds, barks at butterflies, barks at the sun, barks at its own paws. Let me know if you want it and I'll nip over the fence and get it from next door's garden.

You must live next door but one from me...

11 hours ago, welly said:

The sound of my engine makes me anxious. The slightest change in engine tone makes me panic that something is up with it. Of course, it's been problem free for at least 12 months so my concerns are probably unfounded but that doesn't make me any more relaxed. So Glen Campbell it is.

Ahh now why didnt you say so. If its Glen Campbell thats allowed ? I was thinking it was that horrific drum and bass or that talking rapp rubbish!! Keep on playing.

12 hours ago, MJG said:

Indeed, I actually thought that was the whole point.

I don't think there is one single "whole point". It's a bit like saying that "we" go on our boat to get away from normal life, so there us no need for TV and Internet.

I like music when cruising, but use earbuds, so no one else can hear my music, and I can't really hear the engine, (I can feel it though :)). I also want TV, Internet, and many home comforts on board.

3 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I don't think there is one single "whole point". It's a bit like saying that "we" go on our boat to get away from normal life, so there us no need for TV and Internet.

I like music when cruising, but use earbuds, so no one else can hear my music, and I can't really hear the engine, (I can feel it though :)). I also want TV, Internet, and many home comforts on board.

Same hear when we go away in the 'van, but when we do I don't want to be disturbed by somebody else's noise whilst sat outside in the middle of nowhere. Soaking up the piece and quiet is one of the main reasons we indulge in such activities isn't it?, this is what I was meaning.

29 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Being on a boat IS normal life. Hobby boating is simply weird, but each to their own. So you are right one size does not fit all. I for instance can understand why lots of boats dont have washing machines and tumble dryers on but most of those owners would expect one in their bricks and mortar and its weird to me not to have one on a boat.

17 hours ago, welly said:

Yes, as a general rule, me first. Why wouldn't I pick me first? ?

Because considering other people's needs and feelings before your own is a mark of being a decent person.

17 hours ago, welly said:

Yes, as a general rule, me first. Why wouldn't I pick me first? ?

Edited by doratheexplorer
  • Greenie 4

13 hours ago, welly said:

The sound of my engine makes me anxious. The slightest change in engine tone makes me panic that something is up with it. Of course, it's been problem free for at least 12 months so my concerns are probably unfounded but that doesn't make me any more relaxed. So Glen Campbell it is.

I'm sorry, I retract my former statement.  If you're listening to Glen Campbell you clearly have some mental health issues, so you carry on.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jerra said:

I haven't counted but the impression I get is that most posters in the thread feel loud music is inconsiderate.  I strongly suspect that those who choose a walk by the canal don't want to hear loud music nor I think do fishermen.

I tend to always think the majority are correct.   If loud music was acceptable there wouldn't be regulations about noise and noise control IMO.

I have occasionally thought that the majority were correct - but only on the, increasingly rare, instances where I found myself in the majority.

• Greenie 1

If I'm moored up in the quiet of the countryside, and a boat goes past playing loud music, it affects me for a few minutes, maybe 10 minutes and it's really loud?

Not a big deal in the scheme of things, and not something that you should carry with you for hours or days after its gone.

Nothing wrong with having a bit of a rant here though. Sometimes it helps to get it off your chest and, sometimes, a loud music player might read it, realise that they might be irritating some people, and turn it down a bit in future :)

• Greenie 1

headphones ,earphones mobile phones ..nelson whitley and prine.,,rolls of the tongue .like crosby stills and nash ... john prine come one could you play him when your passing my boat please ,,please

5 hours ago, Jerra said:

I don't like inane racket anywhere!!!

I do. I love inane racket. 

On the other hand, I hate having fun. Can't abide it. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Bloody spell check interfering.