Tent and dinghy found near Slapton Lock - woman missing

Tanglewood

Featured Posts

The search and rescue teams have been searching fields and hedgerows near Slapton Lock (GU no 30 south of Leighton Buzzard) as well as the canal for a woman who is known to have been coming just south of the road bridge for several days, but is now  missing.  There appear to be no clues as to her whereabouts.  Sniffer dogs are not picking up scent.  If any boater has any sighting they should call 101 quoting ref number 262 of 20 Sept.

The woman's name is Sarah Charles, she is 47 with shoulder length dark hair, and is described as being above average size, although average height

• Greenie 1

Just now, philjw said:

I read it that the tent and dinghy had been found but the woman is missing.

Possibly. Perhaps you could clarify, Tanglewood? The title suggests that the woman, her tent and her dinghy were missing but have now been found. I hope that is the case.

7 minutes ago, philjw said:

I read it that the tent and dinghy had been found but the woman is missing.

I think you are probably right, in which case the comma in the title should be replaced with a hyphen.

If this is the case I hope she is soon found alive and well.

Edited by cuthound

Sorry to confuse - yes it should have been a hyphen, the tent and dinghy have been found but the woman is still missing. The area has been searched.  The tent was pitched on the tow-path by the winding hole, with the dinghy alongside.  It is believed that the tent has been there for about two weeks but the woman was only reported missing last Thursday.  The dogs did not pick up a scent, which suggests she did not leave on foot.  It is believed she paddled from Linslade.

From what I understand the pooch that drowned(?) in the smelly farm lock was hers.

I think I'm correct in saying that it died on the night of the 6th / 7th. If anyone saw out, or fished the poor bugger out give the coppers a ring as it may help.