My highlighting:

All of this for £20 per month:

• 100GB Data
  • Unlimited mins/texts
  • 30GB personal hotspot,
  • 71 countries to roam
  • Unlimited data use for Snapchat, Netflix and Apple Music

Jailbreak, install tweak called tetherme

It depends on a few factors really. But installation i.e. jailbreaking, is a fairly automated process. 

But it's only possible on very specific levels of iOS, as once exploits are exposed they are reasonably quickly closed by Apple with an iOS update.

It also invalidates your warrantee.

I've run jailbroken iphones for about 6 years now. The only reason I do it now is for tetherme, my data usage is in excess of 100 Gb per month, all other reasons for jailbreaking have pretty much gone - as Apple have incorporated them into iOS. 

3 hours ago, sirweste said:

It depends on a few factors really. But installation i.e. jailbreaking, is a fairly automated process. 

But it's only possible on very specific levels of iOS, as once exploits are exposed they are reasonably quickly closed by Apple with an iOS update.

It also invalidates your warrantee.

I've run jailbroken iphones for about 6 years now. The only reason I do it now is for tetherme, my data usage is in excess of 100 Gb per month, all other reasons for jailbreaking have pretty much gone - as Apple have incorporated them into iOS. 

Not sure about why you are discussing jailbreak? Is it because this deal only gives  you 30Gb via tethering? Does jailbreak allow you to use the 100Gb via tethering.?

I use a 4G modem that takes a full size sim card but not sure how I could run tetherme in this environment? £20 for 100Gb is cheap ....

9 minutes ago, sirweste said:

Yeah, tetherme tweak basically means that all data usage is through your data allowance. 

I've just got me one jailbroken iPhone, on an unlimited three plan, everything under one plan then. 

Thanks for that. Just googled tetherme and it looks interesting. Have a greenie.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Thanks for that. Just googled tetherme and it looks interesting. Have a greenie.

I don't wish to be a party pooper or indeed support any of the data providers but:

Should the data provider be able to show that more than the allowance has been tethered could/would they bill for that data regardless of the total amount allowed by your plan?  Additionally if an Apple product is subject of a jailbreak what are the implications for the warranty or indeed repairs?

I don’t think that they can show how the data has been used if run through tetherme. Have a google. 

See images, showing usage and yet I still have all of my 30 Gb allowance available

I believe the guarentee is voided. That said I’ve had my phone into Apple a couple of times and the technicians seemed interested in seeing a JB phone and just ignored it. If you’re worried about guarentee then I’d suggest perhaps doing it on an older phone if you wanted to JB

86AFDD4C-3DF3-497F-A709-F8F70A93EF5B.png

A93F2D72-7FE0-4246-B2A5-C7B63F829B06.png

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:10, StephenA said:

My highlighting:

All of this for £20 per month:

• 100GB Data
  • Unlimited mins/texts
  • 30GB personal hotspot,
  • 71 countries to roam
  • Unlimited data use for Snapchat, Netflix and Apple Music

Went into the three shop this morning to change over from the current "£27.50 / month for 25 gig" to the new £17 per month for 30gig offer.

Checked and confirmed that it is allowed to use any proportion of the 30gig for hot-spotting.

Thanks to Up-Side-Down.

8 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Went into the three shop this morning to change over from the current "£27.50 / month for 25 gig" to the new £17 per month for 30gig offer.

Checked and confirmed that it is allowed to use any proportion of the 30gig for hot-spotting.

Thanks to Up-Side-Down.

My main reason for highlighting that is that if your primary use of the phone on board is to use it as portable hotspot then 70GB of your 100GB can't be used that way.

11 minutes ago, StephenA said:

My main reason for highlighting that is that if your primary use of the phone on board is to use it as portable hotspot then 70GB of your 100GB can't be used that way.

I have used 3 as my sole form of internet access (even cancelling out BT land line) since their £15 unlimited data came out in 2013.

I normally use about 20-25gig / month, but these 'new' deals allow unlimited Netflix etc and it isn't counted towards your data usage.

With the 30gig deal you can use all 30gig as a hot-spot.

Mobile comms 'Confused'

Like most on this thread, the prospect of Unlimited Data from 3mobile is looking an attractive offer. The problem for me is not fully understanding the terms and conditions of the offer.

My present setup is as follows:

Mobile EE WiFi Dongle with 64gb of monthly data (£24). Using my laptops WiFi connection We provide a HotSpot to my Mag 250 unit which turns my 12v TV into a Smart TV. with access to Amazon Prime, BT Sports and other 'services'. Data usage is not restricted, only the monthly total amount which most months runs out before the month end.

The EE dongle contract expires 11.October 2018, so If I switch to the sim only 3 unlimited data, using my Lumia 640 mobile, to replace my laptop in the setup, 

1. Can I still run the same system without usage cap?

2. How does the 30gb hotspot limit apply to my setup?

3. Should I remain with the EE dongle connection?

Sorry to be, THICK, but it is not easy to find answers without contacting the 3Mobile sales team.

Thanks to the OP for the alert ?

It means they have removed the tethering restriction.

I think 3 had some deals for 100Gb but only 30Gb could be used by tethering, ie you can use 100gb on your phone but if you use the phone as a hot spot, you can only use 30gb on the connected device.

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

I think 3 had some deals for 100Gb but only 30Gb could be used by tethering, ie you can use 100gb on your phone but if you use the phone as a hot spot, you can only use 30gb on the connected device.

I have an unlimited data/calls/texts deal with only 4GB ‘hotspot’. It’s not changed. 

Just now, rusty69 said:

Maybe it will soon?

Maybe, but according to the above link all such contracts should already be amended. My ‘end of month’ is in 16 days so I’ll see if it updates then. 

8 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Maybe, but according to the above link all such contracts should already be amended. My ‘end of month’ is in 16 days so I’ll see if it updates then. 

Jeez, I don't read every link some fool on this forum posts:)

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

It means they have removed the tethering restriction.

which is exactly what I'd highlighted about the original post. 

11 minutes ago, StephenA said:

which is exactly what I'd highlighted about the original post. 

Oh, sorry, I missed the bit where you highlighted they had removed the tethering restrictions. Apologies

Edited by rusty69
spelling.....again