Top Bearing Liverpool boat fix

Matthew77

Featured Posts

Prior to moving on my boat a few weeks ago (its a liverpool boats build) I had the survey done with some recommendations one being getting to top bearing around the tiller being replaced due to excess play/vibrations. 

So having a casual flick through the owners manual I discovered that a grub screw existed near to the grease nipple,a couple of turns with the Allen key, some grease gun action and it's now all good again so l potentially saving a few pounds.

I've put this on as I know liverpool boats have a slightly different top bearing assembly to other boats and there have been previous post on this topic.

• Greenie 1

Nicely done.  Clearly, the Liverpool design was outside your surveyor's experience then, so time to validate the other pick up items... and worry about what he's missed! :D

I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here as there's always the possibility of coming across something unusual and misinterpreting it. However, Liverpool boats aren't exactly rare, so do satisfy yourself about the rest - as you have here.  I have to say I'm impressed by your handbook though: I have nothing like that level of detail in the "nod to the RCD" for my Piper.  Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your new(ish) boat! :)

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nicely done.  Clearly, the Liverpool design was outside your surveyor's experience then, so time to validate the other pick up items... and worry about what he's missed! :D

I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here as there's always the possibility of coming across something unusual and misinterpreting it. However, Liverpool boats aren't exactly rare, so do satisfy yourself about the rest - as you have here.  I have to say I'm impressed by your handbook though: I have nothing like that level of detail in the "nod to the RCD" for my Piper.  Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your new(ish) boat! :)

I was surprised that neither did the engineers at the boat yard pick up this minor issue, as im sure they would have worked on similar issues in the past.

It was built 2005 so not old in the boating world.