Continuous Cruising

jddevel

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, jddevel said:

Are you fed up with continuous cruising want to remain sort of on the water but wit a new outlook?? My daughter sent me this.

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73104488.html

It doesn't look too bad 'in the flesh'.

The outlook is not what I'd call ideal. A stone wall on one side and a widebeam NB against the car park wall on the other side. Apart from that its not a bad location.

We have had a mooring there for the last 6 weeks until we were lifted out for the Winter.

£1.50 return for the car on the ferry to Plymouth.

Foot passengers FoC

Torpoint 'bottom left' of picture.

Torpoint Marinas.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I've bought a couple of pretty trashed houses in my time, so I'm not unable to see beyond the surface, but I'd find it difficult to buy a boat off someone who couldn't even be bothered to make the bed when taking the "for sale" photos.  If they're that lazy (or stupid), what else have they not  bothered to do? Even that scruffy engine is probably more neglected than it looks.

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

Is it freehold?

The mooring is owned by Huggins Brothers (who are major marina, land owners and developers in the area).

As with any 'leasehold' you would own the 'property' but not the land it sits / floats on.

19 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No mention of mooring fees in the listing. Presumably they will be substantial for a vessel that size. 

About £4k

You can see it (the blue boat) half way along on the bottom RH side of the 'diamond'

Image result for torpoint yacht haven

Torpoint.htm

Edited by Alan de Enfield