Clifton wharf scary

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How far away do you live if you run?

Even longer as I'd have to keep stopping for a rest.

I'm delighted to see The Rugby Gossip doesn't exaggerate or dramatize, I'd be amazed if they even know there's a canal near Rugby.

Just been on the local tv. That must have been one big tree that is a well crushed cabin. I bet whoever was inside knows the colour of adrenalin after that, a very lucky escape. Had it been gap they would have been dead more likely.

Edited by mrsmelly

44 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How far away do you live if you run?

More importantly, how much more might you know if you ran?

1 hour ago, zenataomm said:

I live about ten minutes walk from Clifton Wharf, and know nothing.

18 minutes ago, Nut said:

would insurance cover that or is an act of God/Allah/Buddha/satan/or CRT

Good question. My thought is that it would be claimed against whoever owns the tree but that’s only a guess. 

A major road half a mile from my house got blocked on Wed when a large branch fell off a tree in someone’s front garden. After 5 hours the council turned up with chainsaws and put it all on his front garden. Then sent him the bill. 

15 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Good question. My thought is that it would be claimed against whoever owns the tree but that’s only a guess. 

A major road half a mile from my house got blocked on Wed when a large branch fell off a tree in someone’s front garden. After 5 hours the council turned up with chainsaws and put it all on his front garden. Then sent him the bill. 

Me and next door got about 6 trailer loads of firewood like that a few years back, it was on the side of the A12 but was taken down before it fell

13 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Insurance should cover it, it's normally considered an act of god. 

It's considered that landowners should ensure their trees are safe, how onerous that liability is varies. 

Oh and what sort of penitance does the forum require?

There would be some strange irony here if this were on the new bit of moorings on the main line,where they have created some very unsatisfactory permanent moorings against typical Northern Oxford sloping stone sides, (rather than up the branch,).

Nothing to do with the "tree down" of course, and I'm of course glad nobody was hurt, but those new moorings really should never have been agreed by CRT, (assuming they have been, of course!).