Beta Marine - Electric Fuel Pump.

Brian422

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Brian422 said:

Just a quick mention to those contemplating fitting an Electric Lift Pump to an existing Beta Marine installation.

The 40 Amp Fuse is fitted as standard to all installations and, as its already fitted, is not required when fitting pump.

200-06421 wiring electric fuel lift pump.pdf

That is not what the diagram says. It says feed the pump via a 10 amp fuse (and relay) and leave the 40 amp one in place for the glow plugs etc. That is unless I have read it wrong.

Having purchase a pump from Beta Marine and been given additional components, including a 40 Amp Fuse, Holder and Relay, I would respectfully suggest that their inclusion would suggest a 40 Amp Fuse should be fitted and that the circuit was not fully understood.

You are correct in stating that the 40 Amp Fuse is in place for glow plugs etc., however the relay supplied by Beta Marine only requires approximately 150 mA.

However, unless I've missed something there's nothing on the circuit to indicate the reason for it's inclusion.

If the diagram illustrates circuit required to add an electric fuel pump, why does it include a 40 Amp fuse which already fitted?

2 minutes ago, Brian422 said:

Having purchase a pump from Beta Marine and been given additional components, including a 40 Amp Fuse, Holder and Relay, I would respectfully suggest that their inclusion would suggest a 40 Amp Fuse should be fitted and that the circuit was not fully understood.

You are correct in stating that the 40 Amp Fuse is in place for glow plugs etc., however the relay supplied by Beta Marine only requires approximately 150 mA.

However, unless I've missed something there's nothing on the circuit to indicate the reason for it's inclusion.

If the diagram illustrates circuit required to add an electric fuel pump, why does it include a 40 Amp fuse which already fitted?

What did they say at Beta when you asked them?

Beta Marine reply:

'As standard, our propulsion engines are supplied with 40A engine harness fuse connected to battery positive stud on starter motor.

This fuse is to protect the positive supply up to our control panel key-switch terminal 30

You are correct, our diagram 200-06421 (attached) shows this same fuse, so no need to fit another.

The fuse you must fit is the 10A one, to protect your additional relay being fitted to switch power to the electric fuel pump.

In this way, the only additional load on the engines control panel is kept to a minimum.'

• Greenie 1