Sand Blasting And 2pack

Featured Posts

Yes, it sounds like a useful service for boaters. However (and you weren't to know this), CWDF does not carry commercial advertising unless you have obtained specific permission from the Site Owner. If you have, then fine. If you haven't, we would welcome contributions from you to our varied range of topics, as long as they do not include any advertising.

31 minutes ago, TR Narrowboat Sandblasting said:

Sorry I didn't know

59 minutes ago, Athy said:

However (and you weren't to know this), CWDF does not carry commercial advertising unless you have obtained specific permission from the Site Owner.

Before you can post, you have to agree to the forum T&Cs which includes

RULES AND GUIDELINES REGARDING ADVERTISING

Commercial advertising is not permitted anywhere on CWDF, this includes user profiles, postings and messages unless otherwise agreed by the site owner.

Postings about commercial products and services are permitted within the context of topical discussion.

A single link to a personal and non-commercial website, such as a blog or personal site, is allowed in a members signature.

Private for-sale adverts are permitted but must be posted in the dedicated sections provided, and are subject to moderator approval.

Members are permitted to place useful links to both commercial and personal websites in the Links Directory, under the relevant section. Note: this is not intended to house adverts or links to commercial sites in which the member has a vested interest.

The Site Owner may otherwise permit advertising at his sole discretion, including links to personal businesses or commercial interests may be allowed in your signature on application to the Site Owner. Please use the email address 'advertisments@canalworld.net' for this purpose.

So, you either read and disregarded the rules, or didn't read the T&Cs,  -  if you did not read the T&Cs you will have missed the part about any unauthorised advertising will result in a 'fine' of 50% of takings of your company, you agreed to this when you clicked on the agree to the forum T&Cs, so it's no use crying now.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Yes, it sounds like a useful service for boaters. However (and you weren't to know this), CWDF does not carry commercial advertising unless you have obtained specific permission from the Site Owner. If you have, then fine. If you haven't, we would welcome contributions from you to our varied range of topics, as long as they do not include any advertising.

So why haven't you deleted this thread?

Not being picky and don't want to start a row but that could be useful info, Maybe there could be a spot for people who do stuff to add their services to a list, we all know about various marinas and chandlers, obviously commercial activities,  but there are people who do everything from e.g. dog walking to bits of welding that others might find useful. Just a thought. (edit) Ah, have just read the T&C,s  there you go.

Edited by Bee
  • Greenie 2

24 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Before you can post, you have to agree to the forum T&Cs which includes

RULES AND GUIDELINES REGARDING ADVERTISING

Commercial advertising is not permitted anywhere on CWDF, this includes user profiles, postings and messages unless otherwise agreed by the site owner.

Postings about commercial products and services are permitted within the context of topical discussion.

A single link to a personal and non-commercial website, such as a blog or personal site, is allowed in a members signature.

Private for-sale adverts are permitted but must be posted in the dedicated sections provided, and are subject to moderator approval.

Members are permitted to place useful links to both commercial and personal websites in the Links Directory, under the relevant section. Note: this is not intended to house adverts or links to commercial sites in which the member has a vested interest.

The Site Owner may otherwise permit advertising at his sole discretion, including links to personal businesses or commercial interests may be allowed in your signature on application to the Site Owner. Please use the email address 'advertisments@canalworld.net' for this purpose.

So, you either read and disregarded the rules, or didn't read the T&Cs,  -  if you did not read the T&Cs you will have missed the part about any unauthorised advertising will result in a 'fine' of 50% of takings of your company, you agreed to this when you clicked on the agree to the forum T&Cs, so it's no use crying now.

Do we all read all of the T&Cs that we agree to these days. I doubt it very much, so why would you expect different here?

2 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Do we all read all of the T&Cs that we agree to these days. I doubt it very much, so why would you expect different here?

I would have thought so.

If you read thru them (I do) you'd be surprised what you are signing up to - including, for example, the selling of your details, the right to bombard you with 'stuff' that they consider you may find interesting etc etc etc

55 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

-  if you did not read the T&Cs you will have missed the part about any unauthorised advertising will result in a 'fine' of 50% of takings of your company, you agreed to this when you clicked on the agree to the forum T&Cs, so it's no use crying now.

Now, now, Alan.  :D

1 hour ago, Graham Davis said:

So why haven't you deleted this thread?

Because if I had done, you wouldn't have been able to to post in it, and I wouldn't have been able to thank you for your advice on how to do my job.

Edited by Athy

2 hours ago, Bee said:

Not being picky and don't want to start a row but that could be useful info, Maybe there could be a spot for people who do stuff to add their services to a list, we all know about various marinas and chandlers, obviously commercial activities,  but there are people who do everything from e.g. dog walking to bits of welding that others might find useful. Just a thought. (edit) Ah, have just read the T&C,s  there you go.

couldn't agree more. 

although the OP may be contrary to the T&Cs, the guy is not really advertising (as in making foolish glowing promises and comparative and unproven claims like Colgate and Oral-B for example), he is just making an announcement.  CWDF could provide a brilliant resource by asking folk to add to a database of canal related service providers.  Not a lot different to local postcode magazines that provide similar lists of providers.

• Greenie 3

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Because if I had done, you wouldn't have been able to to post in it, and I wouldn't have been able to thank you for your advice on how to do my job.

Once again I have to say what a splendid job Athy does (no relation, never met) hopefully this will not get the thread locked as implying criticism of other mods as happened last time.

(Of course if the cap fits)

17 hours ago, TR Narrowboat Sandblasting said:

Hi ALL

We sandblast and 2 pack narrow boats on the river NENE Northants  

Terry

Hi Terry, since you have flouted forum rules and got away with it I may as well ask, where are you based on the Nene? I got my boat grit blasted and then epoxied it myself a few years ago when I was moored on the Warks Avon, but I'm on the Nene now and I'm always interested in knowing about boat services on local waterways.

Edited by blackrose

2 hours ago, blackrose said:

Hi Terry, since you have flouted forum rules and got away with it I may as well ask, where are you based on the Nene? I got my boat grit blasted and then epoxied it myself a few years ago when I was moored on the Warks Avon, but I'm on the Nene now and I'm always interested in knowing about boat services on local waterways.

I think "flouted" is perhaps unfair. It means disregard wilfully or ignore. Terry admitted that he had not read the T&C's and apologised for anything which he may have done wrong. So his was a sin of omission rather than of commission. Additionally, as Murflynn points out, his initial post could be seen as an announcement rather than an advertisement.

That said, if you're interested in his services it might be better to contact him via P.M. I think that nowadays we can exchange P.M.s with new members after they have posted twice, rather than five times as was formerly the rule. Give it a go.

Edited by Athy

3 hours ago, Athy said:

I think "flouted" is perhaps unfair. It means disregard wilfully or ignore. Terry admitted that he had not read the T&C's and apologised for anything which he may have done wrong. So his was a sin of omission rather than of commission. Additionally, as Murflynn points out, his initial post could be seen as an announcement rather than an advertisement.

That said, if you're interested in his services it might be better to contact him via P.M. I think that nowadays we can exchange P.M.s with new members after they have posted twice, rather than five times as was formerly the rule. Give it a go.

Shotblasting and epoxy is quite an expensive process. Although I am unlikely to use a Nene service it would be really useful for others to know some details, so a public post rather than PM would be good. If I was going to use this service I would want to know....is it a drydock or a crane job:? is the work done indoors or outdoors? Is a particular brand of epoxy used or does the customer choose?

Like other I feel that a description of available services would be very useful,currently boaters have to rely on adverts or word of mouth, neither of which is particularly reliable.

.............Dave

5 hours ago, blackrose said:

I thought you were on the K&A and Thames a few year ago? How on earth did you get to the Nene? or was it a lorry???

............Dave

3 minutes ago, dmr said:

Shotblasting and epoxy is quite an expensive process. Although I am unlikely to use a Nene service it would be really useful for others to know some details, so a public post rather than PM would be good. If I was going to use this service I would want to know....is it a drydock or a crane job:? is the work done indoors or outdoors? Is a particular brand of epoxy used or does the customer choose?

Like other I feel that a description of available services would be very useful,currently boaters have to rely on adverts or word of mouth, neither of which is particularly reliable.

.............Dave

I hear what you're saying;but, as Terry has been advised not to post anything else which could be construed as advertising, we should not encourage him to do so.

HOWEVER, his web site is easily traceable and includes photos of work done, and e-mail and telephone contact details.