Back cabin stove parts

Chop!

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2018 at 08:33, roland elsdon said:

They used to my last one was in 2012 and having just looked its the same. I think its a classic which are still made. Dont know what ranges they now sell. Listed as available on ‘budget chandlery £65’

I'm still struggling to find one of these smokebox.

Can't find the listing at Budget Chandlery.

Thought about using an Epping smokebox but getting hold of Sarah Edgson seems pretty near impossible.

2 minutes ago, Chop! said:

I'm still struggling to find one of these smokebox.

Can't find the listing at Budget Chandlery.

Thought about using an Epping smokebox but getting hold of Sarah Edgson seems pretty near impossible.

There used to be one at Denham yacht Station, it might be worth giving them a call. 

51 minutes ago, David Mack said:

There's a mobile number on Norton Canes Boatbuilders site as well as the landline Dave gave above. 

I spoken to the guys there many times, but never to Sarah as yet, she doesn't respond well to e-mails either.

I may actually get to speak to her within the hour... allegedly! ;0)

52 minutes ago, BWM said:

There used to be one at Denham yacht Station, it might be worth giving them a call. 

I just rang them and it's long gone, unfortunately. But thanks for the lead!

I’ve been searching for one too. Steve priest at brinklow was supposed to be getting some cast as they are used on his Tomlow stoves but I’ve been waiting close on a year now despite several phone calls....I’m sure if he got a batch made he’d have no stress in shifting them. He also wanted an eye watering amount for them but I guess small batch casting isn’t cheap. 

In the end I found that one from a “nipper” fits although I had to reshape the upstand on the stove. Here’s the link on eBay to the chap selling them....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nipper-Stove-Chimney-Smoke-Box-Flue-Iron-Midland-Chandlers-Premier-Replacement-/173563352854

The casting is a bit thinner than the original & there’s no slot for the flue damper but in the absence of anything else it’s a fix! The inspection hole is the same size if you want to use your brass plate. 

Edited by frangar

On 30/09/2018 at 06:07, frangar said:

I’ve been searching for one too. Steve priest at brinklow was supposed to be getting some cast as they are used on his Tomlow stoves but I’ve been waiting close on a year now despite several phone calls....I’m sure if he got a batch made he’d have no stress in shifting them. He also wanted an eye watering amount for them but I guess small batch casting isn’t cheap. 

In the end I found that one from a “nipper” fits although I had to reshape the upstand on the stove. Here’s the link on eBay to the chap selling them....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nipper-Stove-Chimney-Smoke-Box-Flue-Iron-Midland-Chandlers-Premier-Replacement-/173563352854

The casting is a bit thinner than the original & there’s no slot for the flue damper but in the absence of anything else it’s a fix! The inspection hole is the same size if you want to use your brass plate. 

Thanks Frangar, I've been trying to get hold of Lee that has cast the Nipper smokebox in the past, trying his mobile and through his eBay shop but no luck so far.I would prefer one that allows me to fit the brass plate on the front, failing that, I'll get an Epping smokebox and try getting the front plate cast in brass or bronze.

2 hours ago, Chop! said:

Thanks Frangar, I've been trying to get hold of Lee that has cast the Nipper smokebox in the past, trying his mobile and through his eBay shop but no luck so far.I would prefer one that allows me to fit the brass plate on the front, failing that, I'll get an Epping smokebox and try getting the front plate cast in brass or bronze.

The front brass plate will fit fine...well it has on mine. The ones Lee supplies don’t have the slot for the flue damper...with the brass wingnut...if you are feeling brave it wouldn’t take much to cut a notch in to take the damper. 

I had really good communication from him when I ordered mine in July...I asked him to send it Royal Mail so I wasn’t playing hunt the courier!! 

On 30/09/2018 at 06:07, frangar said:

Hello,

Yes, the delay was due to us changing foundries in an attempt to get castings with a better finish than the ones that we were using, ( getting patterns back, altering them, replacing lost ones, supplying them to the new foundry, lead times et al ) and I am happy to say that I received a batch of castings this afternoon and they are indeed much better. We can now make more ranges and smoke boxes. As to the eye-watering price please bear in mind that there are four cast components to each smokebox plus fixings, and that they take a couple of hours each to clean up and assemble. I would hope, however, to be able to cut this down  as the castings are a lot cleaner than the previous ones. If this helps anyone please pm me.

Steve

15 hours ago, Steve Priest said:

Hello,

Yes, the delay was due to us changing foundries in an attempt to get castings with a better finish than the ones that we were using, ( getting patterns back, altering them, replacing lost ones, supplying them to the new foundry, lead times et al ) and I am happy to say that I received a batch of castings this afternoon and they are indeed much better. We can now make more ranges and smoke boxes. As to the eye-watering price please bear in mind that there are four cast components to each smokebox plus fixings, and that they take a couple of hours each to clean up and assemble. I would hope, however, to be able to cut this down  as the castings are a lot cleaner than the previous ones. If this helps anyone please pm me.

Steve

Thanks Steve, finally got one coming from Lee the caster. Great to hear that you have a steady supply now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-100mm-Cast-Iron-Flue-Pipe-Damper-Wood-Burner-Burning-Stoves-Fire-Heat-Control-/180869092639

These people do several different sizes of cast iron dampers including a 4" version that should fit these smokeboxes.