Thank You Whoever You Are

Ace 01

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Ace 01 said:

Pass. Sorry no information but the patient was the priority.

good on the para`s

It didnt sound urgent for them to have to walk for so far and so long not to bothered about the dog, it could of be left on its own for a long time..

I would of asked to take care or watch over it or something.

I would of been as concerned for the dog in that situation. 

46 minutes ago, W+T said:

As indeed would the patient.  Looking after his/her dog was probably more important to them than their own welfare, so it is important for the well being of the patient that this is attended to.

George

So, is there a dog alone on a boat near Bridge 133 and Tring railway station? If so, would someone go and have a look and rescue it... I’m in Spain, so not in a position to do anything.

Take it to a vets, or a rescue centre, (Dogs Trust), or just take care of it until the owner is sorted?

• Greenie 2

14 hours ago, W+T said:

Really?  I suppose it's a typical British attitude, but I still find it weird.

Especially as there seems to be more criticism of the rescuer for leaving the dog behind (which we don't even know that they did) that pleasure that someone actually could be arsed to help someone ill enough to warrant an ambulance.

I find it incomprehensible that some of my friends have nearly bankrupted themselves paying thousands of pounds for an operation on a dog's leg, and the same again for rehab, when the animal appeared to be suffering no discomfort and was old enough to only have a year or two to live anyway.

• Greenie 2

The excellent BBC documentary 'Ambulance' featured a segment where a narrowboat ferried paramedics and a patient along a stretch of the canal which looked to be near Shirley lift bridge on the north Stratford! There must be a lot of places where a boat is the only option for access!

Not only access  must be considered  but being able to work within the cabin space of a NB is very challenging, I know first hand because I nearly lost Chris about 3 months back and am still in awe of the paras who worked tirelessly to stabilise Chris and then manage to get her off the boat and into the ambulance and off to A&E

Phil 

To some people a dog is disposable to others indespensible.

It's the way of things, but it's why so many end up in rescue centres. I doubt the guy being whisked off for treatment had much time to think about his dogs welfare but it's also possible the paramedics will have been in contact with a rescue centre.

I seriously doubt it will be the first time they will have encountered that scenario, all be it perhaps not on a boat. I bet they will be 're united when the guy recovers.

Edited by MJG

Finally got to say a personal thank you to the crew of NB Moorhen today who were moored between the top of Stoke Bruerne and the bottom of Buckby heading south ( we were northbound) who were recovering after their visits to the various fleshpots/ hostelries of Northants. Glad they survived the obligatory alcohol consumption and were sunning themselves recovering for a new onslaught whilst new supplies were being urgently delivered to the pubs.

Cheers

David.