Fridge.

Paul HD

Featured Posts

looks like it could be a gas/12v/240v 3 way fridge, if so be careful pulling it out as the gas pipe and exhaust need care. If it is a three way they are thermostatically controlled on gas and mains but not on 12 volt and they use lots of amps on 12 volt so not a good on 12 V .

1 minute ago, Paul HD said:

It is fairly well boxed in. In this picture you can see a cut out air vent just under the seat.

IMG_7086.JPG.ced40c477cf9dc6f871683f5d0ab8a73.JPG 

Is the fridge behind and below that vent, if so and there's a gap below the fridge too it should all be ok. 

2 minutes ago, springy said:

Is that just a vent, ?  It looks rather like the exhaust for the gas flue for a three way to me.

springy

Could well be, if its an absorbtion fridge, if so its obviousely not a compressor fridge.

Edited by bizzard

I don't think it is gas.

I have a flexible hose coming from the gas bottle which connects up to copper and then goes off to the hob.

When I got the boat I removed the crap tank, so I spent a lot of time under deck and do not recall any pipes going to the fridge.

What a job that was. 80litre tank with 70litre of crap. 

I've just googled Isotherm and they are made by Webasto, and all seem to be 12-24vdc or mains with a transformer kit. No mention of gas at all.  So it will be a compressor fridge, and uses the well known Danfoss compressor unit.  Unless its a really early out of production model. So, ventilation is very important.

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

I've just googled Isotherm and they are made by Webasto, and all seem to be 12-24vdc or mains with a transformer kit. No mention of gas at all.  So it will be a compressor fridge, and uses the well known Danfoss compressor unit.  Unless its a really early out of production model. So, ventilation is very important.

OK thanks.

I've just been dealing with someones 12v Shoreline fridge freezer which also uses the Danfoss compressor unit. This fridge freezer was intalled in a cupboard, tight fit all round, WITH A DOOR TO THE CUPBOARD as well, and no ventillation whatsoever. During the recent heatwave it packed up. Asking the owner which number on the control she ran it at, she said I've always had to have it on full, No 7. WOW. When I managed to drag it out of the cupboard with a hooked wire the rear plywood panel at the back of the cupboard was scorched black by the compressor units heat. She was lucky.  Those Shoreline fridge freezers cost silly money, nearly £700!!. They must be tough though as it worked for 5 years like it. The compressor must have been running continually, probably during winter time too. The installers were the fit out company BIG FISH who have ceased trading.  I'm going to intall an A rated mains fridge freezer for her, about £150,  fit vents in and probably remove the stupid cupboard door too.

40 minutes ago, Paul HD said:

When I got the boat I removed the crap tank, so I spent a lot of time under deck and do not recall any pipes going to the fridge.

What a job that was. 80litre tank with 70litre of crap. 

Could have been worse... could have been a 70 litre crap tank with 80 litres of crap!

If I knew it was full I would have. I just thought it would be emptied when the previous owner put it up for sale. 

I wouldn't leave a turd in each of my toilets if I was selling my house. LOL

2 hours ago, Johny London said:

Could have been worse... could have been a 70 litre crap tank with 80 litres of crap!

HaHa. You are right.

4 hours ago, bizzard said:

Could well be, if its an absorbtion fridge, if so its obviousely not a compressor fridge.

These  look to be a compressor fridge, and ones that look visually similar seem pretty expensive.

Example here

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

These  look to be a compressor fridge, and ones that look visually similar seem pretty expensive.

Example here

Yes, I've already said its a compressor fridge in my post  12, made by Webasto with the Danfoss compressor, Prices on an a par with Shoreline too.