Ruston 3yc bucryus head gasket

sparrowcycles

Featured Posts

It will be a Ruston-*Hornsby*  3YC, fitted in many, but not all, Ruston Bucyrus 10RB crane/excavators built after about 1955. The 10RB was discontinued in the late 1960's so all engines are a bit long in the tooth and  new spares are a bit difficult. The suppliers quoted above will be more likely catering for spares for the bigger RBs which continued to be built until quite recently. The 3YC is a cracking engine but lacks any brass and copper bling so beloved by vintage boat engine enthusiasts. I hope you get it sorted.

1 hour ago, Furness said:

Just Googled Ruston Bucyrus and several suppliers came up.

european-diesels.co.uk/Ruston        might be worth a phone call.

Thanks a lot for that, I will pass those contacts on!

1 hour ago, billh said:

It will be a Ruston-*Hornsby*  3YC, fitted in many, but not all, Ruston Bucyrus 10RB crane/excavators built after about 1955. The 10RB was discontinued in the late 1960's so all engines are a bit long in the tooth and  new spares are a bit difficult. The suppliers quoted above will be more likely catering for spares for the bigger RBs which continued to be built until quite recently. The 3YC is a cracking engine but lacks any brass and copper bling so beloved by vintage boat engine enthusiasts. I hope you get it sorted.

Interesting, I will let him know all that too, I'm sure he will be interested too!

I have a 3YC from a RB10 that I completely rebuilt with parts I got from GEC Diesels when they were closing,and tossing everything out.My only fault with them is the exposed governor/pump rack setup that is very prone to freezing up ,unless the motor is well protected from the weather.

Gaskets to go  ( google them) will make any that you cannot, including copper sandwich head and exhaust gaskets.

Google klingerit for the normal gasket paper which you can cut water and oil system .gaskets

I have always had great service and good prices from Gaskets to Go but have no other connection.

N

6 hours ago, john.k said:

I have a 3YC from a RB10 that I completely rebuilt with parts I got from GEC Diesels when they were closing,and tossing everything out.My only fault with them is the exposed governor/pump rack setup that is very prone to freezing up ,unless the motor is well protected from the weather.

Thanks I will let him know about that!

6 hours ago, BEngo said:

Gaskets to go  ( google them) will make any that you cannot, including copper sandwich head and exhaust gaskets.

Google klingerit for the normal gasket paper which you can cut water and oil system .gaskets

I have always had great service and good prices from Gaskets to Go but have no other connection.

N

And I will definitely tell him about gaskets to go! Thanks!