Pillings Lock Marina

Richard T

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, Cheshire cat said:

I think post 66 has already been removed. We arrived too late.

Yes post 66 hidden by request of the author, no conspiracy

Edited by LadyG
answering the query

Post 66 was there this morning, and was in a very similar vein to DD's new post 66. It could have been construed as defamatory as no actual facts came to light too substantiate Lillie the Elders rumour based but humourous post.

Gianni was a young member of staff who won one of Paul Lillies "Director for a Day" staff competitions which he likes to run when in a tight spot.

The last winner was a seasonal degree student worker called Roy Rollings who stepped in to run  things with a new company when Paul Lillies Pillings Lock Quorn Marina Holdings Flesh Hovel Holdings Car Park Space For Life with a free Jetty Ltd went into receivership as the £180k it owed BW/CRT had been spent on flash cars, an apartment in a gated community and numerous sunny holidays worldwide.

(note to mods, all these facts are checkable and correct)

Edited by matty40s

John L had my post mixed up with his previous one..

My post number 66 is still there..

My information is that Gianni is acting manager ..

Good thing is that Paul Lillie and regime has been removed and any ill feeling from me is now water under the bridge regarding Pillings Lock Marina and i have moved on..

I do know quite a bit more as to his removal  but what the heck..He is gone! 

Pity that he ruined my dream of living in a nice "private marina" berth bought with a £28000 leasehold 10 years ago only for him to turn it into a public park with main intention of a 'like my pals and peers" wanna be bistro with lovely boats moored up outside. 

Thought that it would be heaven after spending 50 odd years on housing estates in South East Essex ..

Turns out he made a hash of major things including evicting his parents from site and screwing people over things like berthing electric supply..

Best wishes to PLM now and their berthers ..Well the many ones that despised Paul Lillie anyway...

13 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Post 66 was there this morning, and was in a very similar vein to DD's new post 66. It could have been construed as defamatory as no actual facts came to light too substantiate Lillie the Elders rumour based but humourous post.

Gianni was a young member of staff who won one of Paul Lillies "Director for a Day" staff competitions which he likes to run when in a tight spot.

The last winner was a seasonal degree student worker called Roy Rollings who stepped in to run  things with a new company when Paul Lillies Pillings Lock Quorn Marina Holdings Flesh Hovel Holdings Car Park Space For Life with a free Jetty Ltd went into receivership as the £180k it owed BW/CRT had been spent on flash cars, an apartment in a gated community and numerous sunny holidays worldwide.

(note to mods, all these facts are checkable and correct)

Haha..Nice one!

23 minutes ago, Dangerous Dave said:

John L had my post mixed up with his previous one..

My post number 66 is still there..

Your post was #67 this morning ?

I did save the original #66 for historical reference in case of future PillingsFun but will not post it in respect of the Elder Lillie.

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

This marina owning mularky must be money for old rope if they can survive in this day and age as this one seems to do.

Definition of a marina:

"A hole in the water into which others throw money"

Definition of a boat:

"A hole in the water into which you throw money"

?

Whilst having no knowledge of this seemingly long running saga I was intrigued enough to do a bit of Googling and was amused by this seemingly left field attempt to address the issue of high eletricity charges. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/pillingslocksolar

Strangely enough it appears not to of been a responding success. 

21 minutes ago, reg said:

Whilst having no knowledge of this seemingly long running saga I was intrigued enough to do a bit of Googling and was amused by this seemingly left field attempt to address the issue of high eletricity charges. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/pillingslocksolar

Strangely enough it appears not to of been a responding success. 

Makes you wonder why no Berth Holers would support such an Ar

Paul Lillie

oler like that doesnt it?

Oh well he has gone now..lol..

No mention of illegally re selling electricity with a 100% mark up..

Or to put it in reality. ".Every £10 worth you buy £5 goes in my pocket.."

"Oh of course you pay for the upkeep of my electricity overheads in your berthing fees for utilities as well"

22 hours ago, cuthound said:

Definition of a marina:

"A hole in the water into which others throw money"

Definition of a boat:

"A hole in the water into which you throw money"

?

To have the opportunity of owning a marina is win ,win ,win...business vocation. .

You would have to be an absolute twit to fail in this type of business. .

Especially if you were to get your parents to sell all their assets to fund the foundation for building new one..

Then when the basics are done offer a large number of people a good deal of a 30 year lease for £28000 giving a bank balance of £400,000..

Well we all know who the abosoute twit was now..Underlining greed being the downful of such a person.

The win ,win situation has fallen on Messrs Steadman and although I have never met him ...Good luck to him and hoping he doesn't treat his customers with contempt.

• 5 weeks later...

Update on the saga that is Pillings Lock Marina - it appears that the local council have been informed of the dodgy goings on down there, including caravans being used for residential occupation, houseboat being built on the fishing lake, mobile homes sited, all apparently without the necessary planning permission. Now here's the good news, rumour has it that I am being held responsible for the council being notified! (probably because they chucked off my eldest grandson who was living there in a caravan, and sacked the youngest, who was working in the office there).

Whilst I am delighted to accept the blame and will wear it as a badge of honour, truth is it is nothing to do with me or my wife, frankly my dears, I just couldn't give a damn! 

Edited by johnlillie

1 hour ago, Dangerous Dave said:

Funny you should post this my ears were burning last week.

Nothing to do with me either..

My suspicions are that though it was to do with Mr Lillie ..

First name becoming with the letter P ,though.

Perhaps out of spite to which we will probably never know the reason why.

I have it on good authority it wasn't Paul either, other suspects are cafe staff who were "let go",  when Gianni got the job of running the place. (although from what those who know them better than me say, that seems unlikely too) The council went to see Paul AFTER having been notified all was not as it should be, because they thought he was still in charge. 

Edited by johnlillie

Due to being the jewel of Barrow upon Soar and surrounding area .,Pilllings Lock Marina must have attracted the elite of the local council to visit the yummy delights of the bistro and they went from there..

Although due to the number of people PL upset connected or unconnected to the marina it really could be anyone with a grudge..

Shame that your family still get slated for his misdemenours though..

Is Mr Steadman cross over this episide?

Good luck to them with charnwood council, when it comes to caravans, they are like a dog with a bone. They made us apply for planning permission for an occassionally used caravan...not static...at our workshop, within a farm yard. Used for the painter twice a year! They then realised it didn't actually come under a planning formality at all, so created one and charged us a small fortune for nothing. As a side line, I understand Loughborough has a new taxi driver?

Pillings is a very nice boating community, with many good boaters there, I would hope it all settles down with the management change, but I don't know the current team.

all sorts of rumours abound, the latest is steadman intends converting the workshop into flats - with or without planning permission (without at the moment) says it's his land and he can do what he likes! As for charnwood council, they are allegedly paying housing allowance to occupant(s) of said caravan(s) !

Edited by johnlillie