Pillings Lock Marina

Richard T

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, Jo_ said:

ooo, I wonder if she's any relation of Guido Brunetti, the lovely Commisario who is the central character in Donna Leon's wonderfully gentle novels about Venice and food and a bit of detecting.

That name immediately struck me too.  I wonder if Gordon Brown is any relation of The Broons?

Emailing system has always been very mysterious there.  Sending an email to Gianna, sends it out to all moorers for example. Never had any idea who was sending the mails out in reality as all seemed to have access to each others accounts.

Gianna was running the café - been there a while, but big step up to running the whole place.

9 hours ago, Athy said:

Not if you read Canal World, no, as I remember there was a quite long thread about the marina and its operations a couple of years ago (from memory, it was started by his Dad who had fallen out with him). But, despite what we might sometimes think, not every boat owner reads CWDF!

For anyone who has many hours to while away reading it, here is the original topic:

Actually started by "andy the hammer" who as far as I know never posted in it again!

A particular highlight is the rant by Paul Lillie quoted on page 3, which I think says a lot about the man's character.

I feel a certain nostalgia for the topic, because it was the first one on CWDF I posted in (about 50 pages in if you get that far).

4 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Gianna Brunetti was appointed as a director of pillings lock on 24 May 2018 and resigned as director on the same day according to companies house.

What odd behaviour. What could her motive have been? Perhaps her name was put forward by someone else but she didn't want the job?

Well that is a nice political correct description of the affair Mr John. .

Unlike the version that has seeped out from the Pilings Lock Liberation front.lol.

I don't fancy his chances against Mr Steadman in the County Court..Considering his prowess of ripping off CRT and licence holders after a high court decision against Quorn Marina Properties.

I wonder if Mr Paul would appreciate my services .Being that his pathetic response to the judge regarding the great illegal overcharging of electricity at PLM failed .Resulting in a few victories at Leicester County Court for us...

I wonder if Mr Paul will adhere to his policy of not talking to customers or staff regarding the matter in any dispute of his company/s (??) Not that they ever were.

Oh and the mandatory 5 year exile from entering the kingdom of Pillings Lock Marina..Speaking of which our time is up now..

Perhaps a reunion to visit the  " New breed of marina" would be a nice thing to do..

Or maybe not considering that his staff and customers love him..

1 hour ago, Dangerous Dave said:

Well that is a nice political correct description of the affair Mr John. .

Unlike the version that has seeped out from the Pilings Lock Liberation front.lol.

I don't fancy his chances against Mr Steadman in the County Court..Considering his prowess of ripping off CRT and licence holders after a high court decision against Quorn Marina Properties.

I wonder if Mr Paul would appreciate my services .Being that his pathetic response to the judge regarding the great illegal overcharging of electricity at PLM failed .Resulting in a few victories at Leicester County Court for us...

I wonder if Mr Paul will adhere to his policy of not talking to customers or staff regarding the matter in any dispute of his company/s (??) Not that they ever were.

Oh and the mandatory 5 year exile from entering the kingdom of Pillings Lock Marina..Speaking of which our time is up now..

Perhaps a reunion to visit the  " New breed of marina" would be a nice thing to do..

Or maybe not considering that his staff and customers love him..

Dave

Having  lived aboard our boats in many locations on the inland system since 1989 and having once been for a look at Pilings marina I feel I have to ask why on earth would you want to bother going there in the first place? The name of the lane certainly suits the place admirably or are you kinky about single track lanes and electricity pylons? 

5 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Dave

Having  lived aboard our boats in many locations on the inland system since 1989 and having once been for a look at Pilings marina I feel I have to ask why on earth would you want to bother going there in the first place? The name of the lane certainly suits the place admirably or are you kinky about single track lanes and electricity pylons? 

There is a fetish for mostly everyone there m'dear 

• 3 months later...

further more accurate info/rumours have come to light, and it would appear that Gianni was NOT involved in any way with his leaving Pillings, nor was anyone else other than himself. I have requested post 66 to be removed, as I would not wish to cause offence to anyone as a result of content of post 66, apologies to all concerned.

9 hours ago, johnlillie said:

further more accurate info/rumours have come to light, and it would appear that Gianni was NOT involved in any way with his leaving Pillings, nor was anyone else other than himself. I have requested post 66 to be removed, as I would not wish to cause offence to anyone as a result of content of post 66, apologies to all concerned.

Who  or what is Gianni, please

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Who  or what is Gianni, please

I think its a bod at the Marina. I googled the marina earlier today and talk about a total mess of a website!! If the place is still run like their website then nowts changed for the better. Notices on it saying this and that closed til october 2011 ffs and a blog etc that is hopelessly out of date. This marina owning mularky must be money for old rope if they can survive in this day and age as this one seems to do.

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I think its a bod at the Marina. I googled the marina earlier today and talk about a total mess of a website!! If the place is still run like their website then nowts changed for the better. Notices on it saying this and that closed til october 2011 ffs and a blog etc that is hopelessly out of date. This marina owning mularky must be money for old rope if they can survive in this day and age as this one seems to do.

So where does that tie in with post 66 or what ever

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

So where does that tie in with post 66 or what ever

I havnt read post 66? I think the thread has been doctored?? Just had another look at their website under " Events " how about a quiz in 2009!!!