7mm Thick Copper Plate

mark99

Featured Posts

49 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm desperately curious. What's it for??!

Increase the rotation / min of a stirling fan.

9 minutes ago, jonesthenuke said:

Try searching manufacturers of copper busbar. This is the sort of material that they use, if you are lucky they may have offcuts. Can you be flexible on the thickness?

These people have 100 by 6mm bar.  http://www.copperbusbar.co.uk/product_p/100x6x4.1.htm

Busbar of course. Doh!

Ta!

I've had a sterling engine fan on the boat for years - the stove above is at home. It does not perform due to airgap.

I never did say it was an ecofan - which I don't think are anywhere near the performance of a good stirling.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That's because that's not an ecofan.

That's a Sterling cycle fan. It needs hand starting. Give it a spin and it'll go like a train...

I think (from the pic) that the airgap is on the stove not the fan

36 minutes ago, mark99 said:

I've had a sterling engine fan on the boat for years - the stove above is at home. It does not perform due to airgap.

I never did say it was an ecofan - which I don't think are anywhere near the performance of a good stirling.

Oh yeah, my apologies. You wrote Sterling fan and I read 'ecofan'. Duhh...

I have to say I took you to being facetious and not wanting to reveal your real use for it. I hold that a piece of steel would have worked just as well as copper but getting 7mm steel is probably near as dammit impossible. 

I think the quality of the two thermal junctions between the copper plate and the steel of your stove will be the determining factors. Use heat transfer paste.

8 minutes ago, BWM said:

Is there not a possibility that placing something between the plates would create pressure when heated, leading to cracking? Particularly if in one spot. 

Good suggestion - but the plate is quite loose <not locked right down>. I will double check later.