Three Mobile reception at Specific Marinas

Dartagnan

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, lockedout said:

So...  Not sure about marinas specifically, but 'Er Indoors is on EE and I am on Three. Generally whilst out and about on the network I get rubbish coverage compared with the distaff side.

I will be changing my provider fairly soon, to get the hell away from Three.

I doubt you will regret the change TBH. I switched three years ago and have never regretted moving to EE (apart from as I mentioned above their appallingly slow web site) - but signal wise for me it's been a non brainer.

Three do score if you travel a lot though, they offer inclusive roaming in a lot more countries than the likes of EE. They even include the US and Oz. but if you don't travel much it's irrelevant of course.

My phone is on EE and my personal hotspot device is on 3.

Since having them I have yet to find anywhere on the system where one or the other has failed to find a signal, unlike when I had O2 and Vodafone,  where at many places, I was unable to get a signal with either.

Well after some procrastination I have left EE and added another 3 contract.  It may be a decision I come to regret but nothing ventured etc etc.  The decision was made very easy for me in the end.  I rang EE asking for a PAC which is my usual negotiating norm and then listened to their speel about their various contracts which were in effect dreadful compared to 3.

I now have 100GB data (30 of which may be used for tethering) unlimited minutes and texts for £18pm in addition to the 100GB of data that I have for the home fi.  As I have a Wi-fi omni directional antenna I am hoping that that should cover any weak signal areas.

Another benefit of 3 is the unlimited streaming of Netflix (in SD) and Wuntu together with their go roam package.

Many thanks for everyone for their input and personal experiences.

2 hours ago, Dartagnan said:

I now have 100GB data (30 of which may be used for tethering) unlimited minutes and texts for £18pm in addition to the 100GB of data that I have for the home fi.  As I have a Wi-fi omni directional antenna I am hoping that that should cover any weak signal areas.

Do you get the 100gb of mobile and 100gb of Homefi for £18, or is the £18 just for the mobile? Assuming the latter, what do you pay for the 100gb of Homefi?

On 09/09/2018 at 14:10, Dartagnan said:

I am considering changing my mobile phone plan but in the new year I am probably going to change my mooring location.  Two marinas that I am considering moving to are Wigrams Turn or Kings Bromley if either have vacancies.  I am currently with EE but I want to change to a better plan with 3 mobile but obviously I don't wish to change if the signal at my new mooring is going to be crap.  Is there anyone on Canalworld who moors at either Kings Bromley or Wigrams turn and who uses 3 mobile that could give me their opinion on the phone signal at these locations please?

I want to use the go binge on 3 for Netflix so the signal strength is important

I was in KB and used 3 with a MiFi unit, not a mobile phone

• Greenie 1

On 19/09/2018 at 16:41, Richard10002 said:

Do you get the 100gb of mobile and 100gb of Homefi for £18, or is the £18 just for the mobile? Assuming the latter, what do you pay for the 100gb of Homefi?

£28 for the 100Gb Home fi.  

7 hours ago, Dartagnan said:

£28 for the 100Gb Home fi.  

Ok. All is now clear.

i pay £30 per month for Three 100gb Home fi. 

I pay Plusnet £10 per month for more calls and texts than I can use, and 4Gb of tetherable data,,which is more than I ever use on my phone. I could probably save £2 or £3 on this, but can’t be bothered.