Waste diesel disposal

b0atman

Featured Posts

I have Just Vacced 20 years of accumulated sediment from my diesel tank about 20 Litres worth so cruising from Mancetter on Coventry to Cropredy on South Oxford .Are there any places to dispose of this drum full ? 

6 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Calcutt have waste oils tanks, they have always taken mine without charge.  Is there a council/private recycling place on the route? Google?

There is always STREETHAY WHARF and I bet CHARITY DOCK at Bedworth have a waste oil burner.

Waste oil is one thing. lighter distillates such as diesel, petrol  and white spirit are something else and are often refused by recycling sites.

George

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Apparently the village of Portsmouth in West Yorkshire (near Todmorden) gets more than it's fair share of baffled truck drivers for this reason. 

Some years ago I was going to Florida for a meeting, my Secretary made the bookings and just before I went I checked the tickets - instead of Naples (Florida) It appeared that I was actually booked to Naples (Italy).

Managed to get things changed in time.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Some years ago I was going to Florida for a meeting, my Secretary made the bookings and just before I went I checked the tickets - instead of Naples (Florida) It appeared that I was actually booked to Naples (Italy).

Managed to get things changed in time.

I had a US company book me flights and accommodation to a convention in Vegas. Fortunately I spotted in time that they’d booked me from Birmingham Alabama as opposed to Birmingham West Midlands. 

19 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Calcutt have waste oils tanks, they have always taken mine without charge.  Is there a council/private recycling place on the route? Google?

There is always STREETHAY WHARF and I bet CHARITY DOCK at Bedworth have a waste oil burner.

Don't know about diesel but Charity had 2or more waste oil burners in the early 60's no idea if they are still "goer's"