Typical cost for farmers field type mooring

jonathanA

Featured Posts

Just trying to get an idea of what the typical fee for a farmers field mooring with no facilities is ? 

Looking at an offside mooring no facilities as such other than a water tap ! And trying work out what a reasonable fee would be 

we're talking north here on the L&L not inflated prices southern folk pay ?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Just trying to get an idea of what the typical fee for a farmers field mooring with no facilities is ? 

Looking at an offside mooring no facilities as such other than a water tap ! And trying work out what a reasonable fee would be 

we're talking north here on the L&L not inflated prices southern folk pay ?

Thanks

Going rate for Chorley way is £150 a year for a 57' boat plus EoG fees at half of the local reference site rates.

Skipton way costs more, obviously.  Where do you want to be ideally?

Edit: 

ISTR you are Burnley way - try Knotts Bridge, right on J9 M65.

Edited by TheBiscuits

Just now, jonathanA said:

Thanks biscuits

150 quid ? Wow hardly worth collecting but guess it's all relative...

Ideally we'd like something west of Wigan say parbold burscough rufford 

Depends how long your field is I guess :D 

50 boats at 150 quid a year and they have to sort the rest out with CRT is pretty easy money.

There were a few moorings available earlier this year just past the Farmer's Arms at New Lane.  No idea how much, but they are offside opposite the cottages, a 10 minute walk from New Lane station and half an hours cruise to Burscough for services.  There is/was a mobile phone number on the mooring available sign.

My favourite possible mooring on the system is the one at Sparks' Bridge on the Rufford Branch, but there are only three boats there, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to move!

If you want marina rather than online, there are many good things being said about Fettlers' Wharf at Rufford since it was taken over.  A few of the Reedley Massive moved there last year.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I believe mine does not have EOG fees, for reasons I have had ranted to me in the past.... :D

OK, that makes sense.  Up here in the grim North you would be looking at a grand or so EoG, so call it 1200 a year for a farmers field mooring.  Double that for darn sarf makes sense, but nearly gets you a fully approved residential mooring with a postal address at Adlington!

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh c'mon!!!!

Some people like 'em.  I'm not one of those people.

23 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

My favourite possible mooring on the system is the one at Sparks' Bridge on the Rufford Branch, but there are only three boats there, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to move!

If you want marina rather than online, there are many good things being said about Fettlers' Wharf at Rufford since it was taken over.  A few of the Reedley Massive moved there last year.

Thanks yes forgotten about fettlers although we are not particularly looking for a marina. 

Cant quite place the new lane moorings but will check them out ! 

10 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Ahh thanks I've heard them referred to as Gorst lane moorings but know where they are now. Handy for the pub anyway. 

I assume you have looked at 

https://www.watersidemooring.com/Search?Location=Burscough+Bridge%2C+Burscough%2C+Ormskirk%2C+UK&DistanceMiles=10&Coordinates=53.5994%2C-2.8488&tab=list&Availability=availablenow&Availability=availablesoon