hull thickness

juragirl

Featured Posts

On 09/09/2018 at 08:09, Captain Pegg said:

I wouldn't want to swim in canal water.

Going up the Fall Ing lock [Wakefield] last summer,were a dozen or so kids perhaps 13 to 15 year olds hanging around, smoking and drinking. One lad said,"can you leave the lock full" I said I would as I was going up.When I asked why,he said "it's us swimming pool".

On leaving the lock,I shut the gate on my side and shouted across to the kids smoking and drinking sitting  on the lock beam on the other side asking if one of them would shut the other gate,A young girl about 13 on my side said,"I'll do it mister"and promptly jumped into the lock and disappeared below the surface and I thought oh bloody hell,but she re-appeared,climbed out of the lock,shooed the youths off the lock beam and closed the gate as cool as you like.

I did try to point out the danger of swimming in locks,the possibility of being dragged under from leakage of the bottom gates,but was told they know about that.

They must breed them tough in Wakefield.