How is the Erewash now?

PeterCr

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, PeterCr said:

Thanks Dan, I had done some reading here yesterday and I'd got the impression that it was worth doing.

Nowadays with the dry weather though it can't hurt to check!

Cheers

With an excellent boatyard at the top end if you need any work doing ?

We went up the Erewash at the beginning of July, levels were fine then. The locks were quite heavy and hard work but everything was working.

We didn't see many other boats moving but we only spent two days on there as we were on route to Nottingham and just taking a quick detour.

It's funny,  bits look a bit dodgy, but some of the people we have met are really nice. We rode our tandem up the towpath a couple of years ago, doing the loop Erewash and extinct Nottingham canal. We were clearly in the way of locals and fishermen but they were great, offering to help round the motorcycle barriers etc. Probably couldn't be unfriendly to to twolunatics with a bright yellow tandem. First time up in 88 had to go in at long Eaton to get tyre off prop but 2002 trip fine. From the great northern basin walk the Nottingham. My niece was billeted at a lock cottage  (cosall )after the war, and my father returning from internment in Australia walked from Nottingham station to get there up the Nottingham canal. I used to cycle down the old line in the seventies from school to get home...