We're now liveaboards!

magictime

Featured Posts

On 02/09/2018 at 19:24, magictime said:

Wish us luck!

Congratulations and well done for taking the bull by the horns.

I say (tongue in cheek) that when I had mine it was the best thing that happened to me!  I found it truly liberating and like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  No more what ifs or buts just the realisation that I should make the most of life and enjoy it whilst I could.  I got cancer two years later but obviously survived and it definitely made me think how lucky I am.

Rather than be on my death bed and think 'I wish I had done that' I would rather have the opportunity to think 'I wish I hadn't done that' whilst I'm still alive and kicking ?

Oh and remember there's no pockets in shrouds and there certainly aint no point in being the richest man in the graveyard!

I genuinely wish you the very best and hope that you both thoroughly enjoy your 'new' life.

Martin

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Dartagnan said:

Congratulations and well done for taking the bull by the horns.

I say (tongue in cheek) that when I had mine it was the best thing that happened to me!

I can understand that - I tell people myself that the whole thing has been a positive experience, which must sound crazy to a lot of people. I mean, who wants to nearly die and then have their head drilled open and their brain poked about at? But on balance I think it's true.

well into our first winter on board having moved on in June in the heat wave doing the chores this week in snow & ice has been interesting !

slipped on deck and just avoided going in head first got me focused with the wife in a fit of giggles bit more care required

loving it though great weekend in Napton only three boats there never saw a  soul      

Edited by Mike E-W
spelling