Boutique Narrowboats - any reviews?

JJPHG

Featured Posts

Well with the network either seemingly falling to pieces everywhere or lacking that vital component, namely water, our winter trip back home and onto the cut for a few days is looking a bit dodgy.  Anyway - assuming the rain gods see fit to replenish the waters and CRT don't close everything down for urgent repairs anybody know what Boutique Narrowboats are like?

Tks

Hi - I don't know anything about them, however they do seem to be eyewateringly expensive. Others may disagree but I think you would be overpaying for the 'boutique' element especially high season. I am sure you could get a better deal elsewhere, it is worth having a shop around if you haven't already.

16 hours ago, JJPHG said:

Well with the network either seemingly falling to pieces everywhere or lacking that vital component, namely water, our winter trip back home and onto the cut for a few days is looking a bit dodgy.  Anyway - assuming the rain gods see fit to replenish the waters and CRT don't close everything down for urgent repairs anybody know what Boutique Narrowboats are like?

Tks

The advert speaks very highly of them ?

On 30/08/2018 at 03:50, JJPHG said:

Tks

When are you planning your trip?  Watford Locks is closed for most of November and half of December (subject to final confirmation by CRT).

An unkind view would be that it's ideal for a couple who want a country break but don't particularly like boats. A more generous view would be that this is a boat which offers a high level of comfort and sophistication. Take your pick.

The price does seem high, especially as I suspect that this is an older boat which has had an interior refit. But I see that she's booked up for much of the winter season, so Boutique must be doing something right.

Thanks all,

We are looking around the 2nd week of Jan and finding it difficult to find any hirers open.  Ideally we would like to go on the Shropie or Staffs and Worc (north of Stourton - closures).

Thanks - I had looked at Norbury before, but they are even more expensive (20% more) than Boutique.  That said travel costs to get there (staying with rellies in Penkridge) would be a lot less.

Edited by JJPHG

15 hours ago, JJPHG said:

Thanks all,

We are looking around the 2nd week of Jan and finding it difficult to find any hirers open.  Ideally we would like to go on the Shropie or Staffs and Worc (north of Stourton - closures).

Try Chas Hardern, who does winter hires and isn't particularly expensive.

https://www.chashardern.co.uk/