Beta 43 remote oil filter

cobaltcodd

Featured Posts

It's coming up to oil change time for my beta 43.  The filter isn't in the best place on the engine for this, and access is terribly difficult on my semi-trade setup.  I'd heard mention there was a remote kit available, where there is a fitting that bolts on to the engine block, a couple of hoses and another fitting that the filter now attached to.  This can then be mounted in a much more sensible and accessible place.

However, I can't seem to find any reference to one of these - a couple of emails to Beta went unanswered.  Does anyone know where I can get one of these from?

many thanks

Try phoning them. They do a kit, but i havent got around to buying one yet.

I have a beta 50 within a cocoon and getting to the oil filter means i have to get into the swim and strigle to get at it. 

I have notice thougfh that every time I change the oil filter that the gap one has to get into gets smaller and smaller ?

Nipper 

4 hours ago, nipper said:

Try phoning them. They do a kit, but i havent got around to buying one yet.

I have a beta 50 within a cocoon and getting to the oil filter means i have to get into the swim and strigle to get at it. 

I have notice thougfh that every time I change the oil filter that the gap one has to get into gets smaller and smaller ?

Nipper 

Is that because you are dropping the old filters into the bilge? ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cobaltcodd said:

It's coming up to oil change time for my beta 43.  The filter isn't in the best place on the engine for this, and access is terribly difficult on my semi-trade setup.  I'd heard mention there was a remote kit available, where there is a fitting that bolts on to the engine block, a couple of hoses and another fitting that the filter now attached to.  This can then be mounted in a much more sensible and accessible place.

However, I can't seem to find any reference to one of these - a couple of emails to Beta went unanswered.  Does anyone know where I can get one of these from?

many thanks

From the Beta Website :-   https://betamarine.co.uk/inland-accessories/     Look in the engine accessories section.

Edited by Flyboy

Many thanks for the replies - I have now phoned Betamarine with this info and ordered a kit - £243 + VAT incase people were wondering.  Not particularly cheap, but it will mean more frequent oil changes, with a vertical "less-spill" filter, unlike the horrible horizontal one that I can only just reach, and invariably drop and with the resulting spill.