Removing a Thetford C200CS(?)

captain flint

Featured Posts

I have an electric flushing, plumbed-in, thetford to remove. I've discovered some posts about where to find the screws and how to remove the main body of the unit, and the wiring should be straightforward, nothing wrong with disconnecting it all and simply taping up the ends. But what about the water pipe? I guess disconnecting it and stopping it up any way that is secure would be one option, but I'm also thinking that it wouldn't be the best option. What's the standard approach? So ignorant, I know, but I haven't found anything too clear so far, looking up videos and forum posts and whatnot, and I figure I might as well ask before finding myself crouching on the floor of the bathroom clutching a disconnected water pipe spraying water everywhere...

5 minutes ago, captain flint said:

I have an electric flushing, plumbed-in, thetford to remove. I've discovered some posts about where to find the screws and how to remove the main body of the unit, and the wiring should be straightforward, nothing wrong with disconnecting it all and simply taping up the ends. But what about the water pipe? I guess disconnecting it and stopping it up any way that is secure would be one option, but I'm also thinking that it wouldn't be the best option. What's the standard approach? So ignorant, I know, but I haven't found anything too clear so far, looking up videos and forum posts and whatnot, and I figure I might as well ask before finding myself crouching on the floor of the bathroom clutching a disconnected water pipe spraying water everywhere...

First rule of plumbing, turn off the water:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

You should remove the pipe from where it tees off the main pipe so that there is no dead leg to risk contamination of your drinking water with stagnant water.

Yes, I thought as much. Struck me that a water cul de sac plumbed in is asking for trouble. In all honesty I think I ought to get a plumber in, or at least someone with a bit more in the way of plumbing know how than me. But if there's a dead leg for a couple of weeks and I flush the system through and stick in some purification tablets, I'm figuring I can get away with a botch job until someone else comes and tidies it up...? What do you think?

I have a slot in a boat yard on 3rd when they will be able to do that, but there are a few things I could do myself in the mean time that will make the boat yard work smoother, and I'd like to get on with them

22 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

First rule of plumbing, turn off the water:rolleyes:

indeed :) but thanks for the reminder. I've learned never to shun a reminder however obvious. This is partly just learning to be more gracious, but also a question of acknowledging to myself I have a knack for forgetting obvious things. Not a great characteristic for a boat dweller, I know, but there we go.