Canal & River Trust data breach

bigcol

Featured Posts

Canal & River Trust data breach
View this email in your browser

Got a email just now from CRT

it’s good to know that CRT is quite hot when it comes to problems with customers details

quite impressed with the quick email regarding the subject.

has anyone else or is there anyone out there that’s been affected?

e222ab91-74a5-45d9-a1b6-569bc8afb08f.png

Hello,
Notification of a Data Breach

On Wednesday morning (22 August 2018) the Canal & River Trust discovered a data breach in relation to licensing renewals affecting a number of customers.  I am contacting you to confirm that your details were not amongst those affected by this data breach. The breach was due to a technical issue at our sub-contractor and not a breach of the Trust’s security system.

No bank/bank card details were released during the breach and we do not believe that any boater was put at any financial risk, but the Trust offers sincere apologies for this error. The Trust takes this issue very seriously and we are urgently investigating the cause of this breach.

We have already directly contacted those boaters who are affected and will be updating them again once we have established the cause of the breach. We are currently reviewing our processes and considering what additional measures we can implement to ensure that there can be no repeat incidences.  

Although your data has not been affectedby this breach If you would like to speak to us to discuss this or any other issues please contact the Trust customer service team on 0303 040 4040. The Customer Service phone line will be staffed at the following times this weekend;

Friday 24 August – 8am – 6pm
Saturday 25 August – 10am – 4pm
Sunday 26 August – 10 – 4pm
Monday 27 August (Bank Holiday) – 10 – 4pm

Yours Sincerely 
Jon Horsfall
Head of Customer Service

As per my post on one of the other threads I've had three emails, first I was breached, then I wasn't and then I was.

What I've not had is a reminder for my licence renewal which will need paying soon.

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

CRT's main worry is where to get enough new data to replace all the data that leaked out....

34 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

CRT are having yet annother appeal to the public taise funds towards fixing the breach........................

Yep. Quick and funny lol