Forum is still borked...

MtB

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

... in Chrome on. Mac. Works fine in Safari though.

This is what VNC looks like in Chrome:

491130590_ScreenShot2018-08-23at21_52_06.png.b84d4e163557bf893d531b07e737d755.png

They're the colours of Quality Street cellophane toffee papers, Probably picked up from the boat headlamp thread.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

I had that too. And on a couple of other sites where it seemed old style HTML was running and images were missing. It seemed to be a Chrome issue. I did a bit of hunting and checked my AdBlocker and AdBlockerPlus. Both of which were running. I turned both off. Restarted. Things now working fine. Turned on AdBlockerPlus only. So far so good.

On 23/08/2018 at 22:16, RichM said:

Clear Chrome cache on your Mac, should work.

Forum displays fine on my other Mac running Chrome, so yes this must be an issue affecting my laptop specifically. It's still doing it.

I'm not sure it is a cache problem though as caching is turned off on the lappy as far as I can tell. Anyone here familiar with apples and know if there re any other places to look for caching, other than in system preferences/sharing ?

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Forum displays fine on my other Mac running Chrome, so yes this must be an issue affecting my laptop specifically. It's still doing it.

I'm not sure it is a cache problem though as caching is turned off on the lappy as far as I can tell. Anyone here familiar with apples and know if there re any other places to look for caching, other than in system preferences/sharing ?

If you were not caching you'd be using a lot of data!

Instructions can be found here:
http://osxdaily.com/2016/02/12/clear-cache-web-history-chrome-mac-os-x/

1 hour ago, Bricksh said:

I got that same screen (chrome browser) a couple of days ago and have had to turn adblocker off. Never seen it before though, has something changed?

I have seen it before and it was a cache issue for me. We make changes on a monthly basis that could cause this issue if browsers are not caching correctly.