"Your lights are blinding!"

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

I run a pair or 27w LED work lights pointing up and outwards. To light the cratch I can turn them right over.

They are great for lighting raves in tunnels or even in the fields. Bat spotting, signalling to aircraft and frightening nighttime towpath walkers and cyclists are all good clean fun.

Very safe for working locks at night.

Is 54 watts of pure white LED too much? I can see for miles and miles and miles and mil...........

Yes. 

12 hours ago, cuthound said:

But given that a tunnel light is only used when traversing tunnels or moving at night, and thus the engine is running, it isn't necessary to save energy.

The cost saving on a new boat of replacing say 120 odd feet of wire with thinner wire is inconsequential.

You would kind of hope a new boat would be using leds anyway. But for those who can’t buy new (like me) it could be a big issue. 

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:25, frahkn said:

I came through Braunston tunnel this morning. I passed 3 boats two of which had lights which were to bright or poorly positioned. I really could not see the hull of the boats concerned until I had reached them.

Just seen this - you have cruised past the roof boxes we could have had a deal and you could have picked them up☺️

1 hour ago, Halsey said:

Just seen this - you have cruised past the roof boxes we could have had a deal and you could have picked them up☺️

As far as I am concerned your mistake was to post photos of them. I was quite interested before that.?

• Haha 1