Problems opening CWDF this morning

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, RichM said:

Database table issue. Looking OK now. Anyone still having issues?

Thank, it's fine now. Can you just explain what " database table "

issues " means to someone over the age of twelve please that doesn't have imaginary friends on farce book or Twitter? Thanks ?

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Thank, it's fine now. Can you just explain what " database table "

issues " means to someone over the age of twelve please that doesn't have imaginary friends on farce book or Twitter? Thanks ?

But you are my imaginary friend mrsmelly. Surely you don't actually exist in the real world? 

6 minutes ago, RichM said:

Database table issue. Looking OK now. Anyone still having issues?

I did still intermittently as recently as 5 minutes ago. It progressed from error 1062 to “SQL database has gone away” but for now it appears ok (obviously, as I’m posting here). 

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Not working for me. I still can't post.

:giggles:

Silly boy.

(You know what, someone somewhere will take your comment seriously).

I got the "Error message" earlier this morning; then the forum returned to almost normal, as I could see posts and reply to them, but my "notifications" didn't show. Now they do, God's in his Heaven and all's right with the world. Thank you Rich for your prompt and effective action.

Edited by Athy

18 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

I had an error message for about 30 minutes up until a while ago. Message was something like error EX then some numbers.

The dog got taken for a walk instead of me logging on :)

So now we know the culprit. Stillearning's dog sabotaged the CWDF database.

Jen

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes thank you Rich, for a prompt and effective fix. Much appreciated.

Yes.

As I said in the other thread, thanks very much to Rich for dropping on this so quickly. While a volunteer like all of the site staff he is effectively 'on-call' around the clock and often drops everything to get us back online when required. Thanks also to members for the patience while we resolved it. 

Thanks again

Daniel

Site Owner

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

So now we know the culprit. Stillearning's dog sabotaged the CWDF database.

Jen

Well you know what dogs do, don't you.

If they can't eat it, they play with it,  and if they can't play with it they pi*s on it. ?

41 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Well you know what dogs do, don't you.

If they can't eat it, they play with it,  and if they can't play with it they pi*s on it. ?

Unfortunately, ours doesn’t even play with anything. He will eat just about whatever you offer him, except for children and other dogs, but he can’t see the point in playing with balls or sticks. His idea of fun is wandering off into the woods following interesting scents, hoping to eat what he finds, and then ignoring most commands to come back to me.