Housing Benefit ending for Canal License.

sailor0500

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

Fair enough, however my comment still stands. The bad guys will ensure it can't work. 

Not trying to be difficult, but I am lost. You made up and attributed an idea of what my utopia looks like (of which I have no idea by the way), you then said it would never work and now there are bad guys who are gonna make sure of it.  

Am I going mad, what has any of this got to do with me or the quote about my caravan?

• Greenie 1

Talking of the aging population I often wonder why the Royal Family all seem to live so bloody long. Is it because they eat better than we do, have better medical care, or because they only work for three days a week for three months of the year, and spend the rest of the year in healthy outdoor pursuits on their Scottish estates.

Just now, sailor0500 said:

Talking of the aging population I often wonder why the Royal Family all seem to live so bloody long. Is it because they eat better than we do, have better medical care, or because they only work for three days a week for three months of the year, and spend the rest of the year in healthy outdoor pursuits on their Scottish estates.

Aye, you'll often find The Duke tossing his caber. ;)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sailor0500 said:

because they only work for three days a week for three months of the year, 

Wow they must be going some to fit all that into 3 days a week 3 months per year = 36 days.

2017.  Official Engagements

Queen         292

Charles        550

Anne            541

Andrew        340

Edward         285

13 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Wow they must be going some to fit all that into 3 days a week 3 months per year = 36 days.

Queen         292

Charles        550

Anne            541

Andrew        340

Edward         285

And dont forget she is 92

2 hours ago, Jerra said:

Queen         292

Charles        550

Anne            541

Andrew        340

Edward         285

That's not that difficult actually. To take the Queen as an example 292 'engagements' divided by 36 = just over 8 'engagements' a day. Whilst all of these events take months of planning, that isn't something that the queen has to do. Her time at many of these events is about 30 minutes at best, often less, most of the time is spent being whisked from one event to another, i.e. just travelling. I seem to recall on one of her visits to the county in which I lived she went through 7 events in a morning relatively easily since they were all within a very few miles of one another.

13 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

That's not that difficult actually. To take the Queen as an example 292 'engagements' divided by 36 = just over 8 'engagements' a day. Whilst all of these events take months of planning, that isn't something that the queen has to do. Her time at many of these events is about 30 minutes at best, often less, most of the time is spent being whisked from one event to another, i.e. just travelling. I seem to recall on one of her visits to the county in which I lived she went through 7 events in a morning relatively easily since they were all within a very few miles of one another.

At 92 most people would have retired decades ago and that amount of travelling would kill me let alone a 92 year old.

3 minutes ago, Jerra said:

At 92 most people would have retired decades ago and that amount of travelling would kill me let alone a 92 year old.

Not in the brave new UK they wont have, retirement ages heading upwards, we could all find ourselves working at that age. I think at 92 even I could manage a 15 mile car trip with someone else doing all the driving (that is about the distance she was carried to complete the 7 engagements), all I'd have to do is get out of the car without falling over.