Composting Toilets. Clarification Please

Clodi

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Reason 1} they don't have a garden 

Reason 2] they can't be bothered building a composting system

Reason 3] they consider their system is "composting", after all they bought a composting toilet.

Reason 4] they follow the CRT advice to put it in a nappy sack and stick it in a bin, so it must be OK

you have just given me a great idea ?

Dont tell any body but ive come up with a plan for boat toilets. I will have a system of units I shall call elsan points installed throughout the country that will be plumbed into the mains sewerage system or poo tanks. I will market toilets that look similar to composting toilets but there will be no need to seperate the wet from the poo or line the toilet with bin liners or keep it for months in yer engine room. The tank in the toilet will be easily removeable and taken from the boat to the said elsan point for disposal. I wonder if I will be able to sell any?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Dont tell any body but ive come up with a plan for boat toilets. I will have a system of units I shall call elsan points installed throughout the country that will be plumbed into the mains sewerage system or poo tanks. I will market toilets that look similar to composting toilets but there will be no need to seperate the wet from the poo or line the toilet with bin liners or keep it for months in yer engine room. The tank in the toilet will be easily removeable and taken from the boat to the said elsan point for disposal. I wonder if I will be able to sell any?

Ridiculous. Would never work. 

• Happy 1

Further to my genius toilet idea I have thought of another inverntion  I might market.................It will  revolutionise the world................I cant give the game away just yet but I think I will call it " The Wheel "

13 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Further to my genius toilet idea I have thought of another inverntion  I might market.................It will  revolutionise the world................I cant give the game away just yet but I think I will call it " The Wheel "

Ridiculous. Would never work. 

13 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

How do you suggest we pronounce this new word, weeeell?  or wee-hell

15 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Will this Weal thing improve mobility for this Toilet/Cassette/CD thing?

Edited by cereal tiller

14 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Surely it will rotationise the world, not revolutionise it.

44 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I know how to refine your brilliant idea -  rather than a small tank you have to carry, my idea is for a big tank with pumps dotted around the system where it can be easily sucked out into the sewer system.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I know how to refine your brilliant idea -  rather than a small tank you have to carry, my idea is for a big tank with pumps dotted around the system where it can be easily sucked out into the sewer system.

Ahh now I actualy thought about that but decided that as I have been frozen in miles from nowhere over the years with my system I could remove the cassette thing and transport it to my elsan idea for disposal. My boat weighs over 20 tons and it would be hard to carry it to one of your sucking things dont you think?

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ahh now I actualy thought about that but decided that as I have been frozen in miles from nowhere over the years with my system I could remove the cassette thing and transport it to my elsan idea for disposal. My boat weighs over 20 tons and it would be hard to carry it to one of your sucking things dont you think?

Ahmmm, need big tank for normal, little tank for emergencies.  

Looks like we have gone full circle, back in the 60’s it was crap in a bucket then dump in canal/ under hedge, then Elsan system, them pump out, and now back to crapping in a (very expensive bucket) followed by dumping in the canal/hedge/rubbish bin.  

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

Looks like we have gone full circle, back in the 60’s it was crap in a bucket then dump in canal/ under hedge, then Elsan system, them pump out, and now back to crapping in a (very expensive bucket) followed by dumping in the canal/hedge/rubbish bin.  

It probably goes back earlier than that -

Our old family home (built in 1660) had an out-house with a three-seater plank over a pile of ashes / shavings.

Sounds similar to these new-fangled system

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It probably goes back earlier than that -

Our old family home (built in 1660) had an out-house with a three-seater plank over a pile of ashes / shavings.

Sounds similar to these new-fangled system

3 Seater ,that is Fascinating! was it for Social reasons or Choir practice or what?

Were your Ancestors Musically gifted, played the Trumpet maybe?

Edited by cereal tiller

53 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

3 Seater ,that is Fascinating! was it for Social reasons or Choir practice or what?

I think it was a 3-seater because that was all that fitted into the width of the building

Similar to this one but it was on a 'brick' box with small arches at the front for shovelling out the 'night-soil'

File:Three seater toilet.JPG

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Put your wheely things on your boat, throw the ballast out and everything unimportant, now your down to a couple of tons, you should be able to get sucked. We'll need a name for this arrangement, how about MotorHome?

• Haha 2