Composting Toilets. Clarification Please

Clodi

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But they do and feel its acceptable

Some bins empty at recycling centres where that waste is sorted.

I understood that re-cycling is minimal, obviously if there is a re-cycling bin, there would be a landfill bin as well.

1 hour ago, cereal tiller said:

Do you keep the Composting Bin on your Boat or on the Bank ,could you cruise with it?

I have a 12 foot widebeam so I could keep the buckets in the engine room no hassle, The composting bin is on the bank where it works well

48 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But they do and feel its acceptable

Hmm I ha e 2 dogs who both average 2 dumps a day which I pick up, bagged in poo bags which go in with my household waste

So an average of 28 bags of dog poo a week goes in the general waste.  I reckon that's OK.

Phil 

• Greenie 1

There are nearly 4 million children under 4, that would be a lot of soiled nappies in the general waste. There are 35,000 boaters licences issued by CRT, the majority have pump outs or cassettes. I can't imagine that compost toilet waste that is binned poses a significant issue in the overall scheme of things.

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, Phil Ambrose said:

Hmm I ha e 2 dogs who both average 2 dumps a day which I pick up, bagged in poo bags which go in with my household waste

So an average of 28 bags of dog poo a week goes in the general waste.  I reckon that's OK.

Phil 

Don't tell BWML or they'll ban dogs ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clodi said:

Don't tell BWML or they'll ban dogs ?

I assume BWML have dog poop bins, these are lined with heavy black bags, so the poop is double bagged.

Sensible dog owners on the cut will not be storing poop bags loose, they will have them in strong black bags. ie double bagged.

Edited by LadyG

11 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Yes, if they are re-cycling bins, but I think mixed [general] waste will go straight to landfill, I am not up on these matters but I would be surprised if general waste is processed with a view to re cycling.

Edited by LadyG

13 hours ago, sbainbridge said:

There are nearly 4 million children under 4, that would be a lot of soiled nappies in the general waste.

Are you suggesting kids are in nappies until 4 or exaggerating for effect.   Ours were out of nappies by 2 as were the grandkids.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Are you suggesting kids are in nappies until 4 or exaggerating for effect.   Ours were out of nappies by 2 as were the grandkids.

Ahh but these are modern kids. Gender fluid vegans that never wear blue or pink and always comply with the latest food allergy fad.

16 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ahh but these are modern kids. Gender fluid vegans that never wear blue or pink and always comply with the latest food allergy fad.

If their genders are fluid, then nappies are essential, I would think.

Edited by billS

7 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Oi there's nothing fluid about my gender, oh pants I've posted again from my vegan haven widebeam ....... ?