Off there head really

luggsy

Featured Posts

£260,000 for a15year old boat  with a run of the mill power unit VERY ambitious pricing BUT that' s the hoped for asking price not the price obtained on a sale I would image they will be the owners for a goodly time

8 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

There cannot be any narrowboats built in 1980, 50 foot long, that are worth even 25% of the asking price. So it must be a typo.

Alternative explanations involve words like greed and stupid.

I think a typo is the most likely explanation. I also wonder why the advert has only one photo, of the boat's admittedly pleasant-looking saloon - unless there are other photos which I can't see.

2 hours ago, X Alan W said:

£260,000 for a15year old boat  with a run of the mill power unit VERY ambitious pricing BUT that' s the hoped for asking price not the price obtained on a sale I would image they will be the owners for a goodly time

Reported as being 1980 construction which makes the price even more way out

Maybe if they took it to London..?

Seriously, this is yet another example of anything that floats these days starts at £25,000.

They can't even be bothered to submit a picture, I wonder why.

Narrowboats are getting like old VW Campers.  I remember a mate buying a split screen for £25 in the 1970's it just needed a bit of work for the MOT.  Then ten years later I went to look at one for £3,500, it had grass growing up through the floor.