Narrowboat handymen

SarahTnarrowboat

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, SarahTnarrowboat said:

I understand the idea is to be helpful and take on board (no pun intended) people’s opinions and advice but I would really prefer advice and opinion on my original question. I spent a lot of time researching toilets and I really don’t consider myself at the forefront of any eco movement, it was just the toilet we decided on. Like I said feel free to message me any info you feel I don’t have. Thank you to those who did answer ?

I have been trying to search the forum for posts from someone who wants to offer such a service but I cant find them. From another forum I know his name is Neil Bentley. I am not recommending him as I do not know his work but he is a time served coach builder.

Edited by Tony Brooks

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

Methinks you are burying your head in the loo, there are definite problems with your choice of waste disposal, please consider the advice you are receiving.

Reviewing my post I don't feel that it was rude, certainly not intended to be, and I apologise if it seemed so to you.

There is a composting loo on a liveaboard boat here. They have to truck the 10 ltr container of liquid waste off the boat and dispose of it in the slurry pit. What takes place with any solid waste, dried, composted, or otherwise  I do not know.

To me it seems an expensive lavatory when you have to do the same as with a cassette or a pump out tank. But you will make your choice but hopefully now more informed.

Sam.

4 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

There’s a bloke on Thunderboat who has recently set up as a boat handyman after fitting out his on boat. Try asking the same questions there?

Is it Wayne(w+t)?  

Edited by rusty69

14 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

If you are properly qualified to give advice on the legal implications of composting toilets then why not educate everyone on here instead of offering private advice that the recipient may not be sufficiently informed to judge the validity of your advice.

I would suggests that the answer may possibly be because you do not want your advice questioned and discussed. I smell vested interest.

Who made you so negative?! 

there you go that comment was made tongue in cheek .but if people can not see that ..what would you call them silly or some thing else .i now what i would like to call them and tell them where to go ,but i would maybe get it in the ear .there are many many boaters out there who can do exactly what op is wanting  and maybe they have offered there help in a private pm .and as for cheap goods and and tax what ever its the world we live in i am afraid .and not as it was 100 years ago  they are all at it .amazon ebay gumtree viverstreet bargain pages and many many more ,not that any of this will help the op or any one else ..

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit . asany one ever wonder why there is fewer post posted theses days ...if any one  wants to comment on anything i say on here could they please pm me  please .like man to coward ..thank  you

Hi SarahTnarrowboat welcome to the forum, there is a boatyard just south of Milton Keynes called Willowbridge who could probably point you in the right direction though do check prices. Wyvern Shipping Company and Boat Shop in Leighton Buzzard provide boat services too, so may be able to help. You'll get their numbers off t'internet.  Hope this helps a bit and I can recommend a mobile marine engineer should you need one. Please ignore some of the more abrasive comments, it seems to have become a bit commonplace on here towards new comers! Good Luck and enjoy your boat.

23 minutes ago, haza said:

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit . asany one ever wonder why there is fewer post posted theses days ...if any one  wants to comment on anything i say on here could they please pm me  please .like man to coward ..thank  you

I( don't think anyone considers you a coward, Haza.

Sarcasm means saying the opposite of what you mean. I haven't noticed anyone doing that in this thread.

Have you evidence that there are fewer posts made theses days?