rn inlet and exhaust rocker covers

Jrtm

Featured Posts

I'm after 2 inlet and 2 exhaust cylinder head rocker covers from an rn not national they also need to be the type for the intake on the top of the heads not from the side easy to tell as there more an L shape than a triangle.

if anyone has even 1 of any spare please pm me

2 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

I'm after 2 inlet and 2 exhaust cylinder head rocker covers from an rn not national they also need to be the type for the intake on the top of the heads not from the side easy to tell as there more an L shape than a triangle.

if anyone has even 1 of any spare please pm me

If you have an original can you not get gasket material from Ebay & knock you self up a couple

5 minutes ago, X Alan W said:

Reading again you would seem to be correct in which case what happened to the originals?

Seems to be part of Billybobbooth's grand plan to make changes to his National as revealed in the topic on ring gear:

well towy will be PUT (rather than needs) out of action for 8 months. in this time the engine will have a 2500 hour service the cylinder heads while off will be stripped cleaned and any parts replaced and a few mods carried out. (ill be combining the standard national oil system with a steam engine oil system for notes i use to have the rn head oil system but this wasnt the best and also you lost a small amout of oil rather than topping the oil up or letting it get burnt.) at the same time ill be adding some form of electric start /electric aid. my plan is dynastart but turn over by hand but to help get the speed up use the dynastart.

the back cabin will be hopefully almost finished.

new running gear or atleast a few will be replaced. and new strings added. new cratch built.

2 minutes ago, philjw said:

Seems to be part of Billybobbooth's grand plan to make changes to his National as revealed in the topic on ring gear:

well towy will be PUT (rather than needs) out of action for 8 months. in this time the engine will have a 2500 hour service the cylinder heads while off will be stripped cleaned and any parts replaced and a few mods carried out. (ill be combining the standard national oil system with a steam engine oil system for notes i use to have the rn head oil system but this wasnt the best and also you lost a small amout of oil rather than topping the oil up or letting it get burnt.) at the same time ill be adding some form of electric start /electric aid. my plan is dynastart but turn over by hand but to help get the speed up use the dynastart.

the back cabin will be hopefully almost finished.

new running gear or atleast a few will be replaced. and new strings added. new cratch built.

Seems it comes under the heading "Jack it up & slide a new one under"should keep him busy for a while

1 minute ago, X Alan W said:

Seems it comes under the heading "Jack it up & slide a new one under"should keep him busy for a while

I don't think anyone who has a wooden boat can be afraid of hard work and plenty of it.  I might manage the strings (if only I had the planks and cloths to go with them ?)

yes i want the metal covers not the gaskets. I have the originals but being a national they have the dishes in for the wicks. I want to remove the wicks and have a flat cover so I can drill the cover and put drip oilers in this way i can open at start up and shut when turned off with out the oil carrying on dripping like standard does. but the rn system uses oil pressure and as it drips into the intake you loose a little oil all day long.

may way all your doing is adding oil.

if I can't get a set ill make up a clay mild and build some custom s/s ones till I get proper rn ones

Edited by billybobbooth

1 hour ago, billybobbooth said:

yes i want the metal covers not the gaskets. I have the originals but being a national they have the dishes in for the wicks. I want to remove the wicks and have a flat cover so I can drill the cover and put drip oilers in this way i can open at start up and shut when turned off with out the oil carrying on dripping like standard does. but the rn system uses oil pressure and as it drips into the intake you loose a little oil all day long.

may way all your doing is adding oil.

if I can't get a set ill make up a clay mild and build some custom s/s ones till I get proper rn ones

Is it not possible to modify your covers? 

not easly we did look but due to the dish without destroying them its not possible. meaning if the idea dosnt work or they brake or crack when being modded then i won't have anything as a spare.

+ putting flat covers on and just the oilers will look quite nice but nodding my originals would also look a mess

• 3 weeks later...